Skip to main content
do I look like a terrorist?

Apparently I do as I was the victim of racial profiling today at the Bob Hope Airport in Burbank. First they misplaced our boarding passes, way to be secure. Then we finally get to security after they completly unpack and repack two of my bags, doing a terrible job I might add. Then I was "randomly" selected to go through special security or whatever gay term they had for it. I would perhaps be a little more inclined to believe it was random had the random people they picked not been me and the Asian woman behind me. The white woman in front of us was not randomly selected. Hmm, that doesn't seem strange at all. I was of course dressed like a terrorist with my blue polo and khaki pants on. Okay, I am mostly being facetious, it was just a frustrating morning. I am now back in Omaha & honestly don't know how I feel about that, which is weird for me. I do believe Omaha to be the greatest city in the whole of the world, but aside from getting away from the sadness of being without my friends, I wasn't ready to leave LA. That's a first for me. Until today I hadn't been home for four months and I have to say I would have been okay for several more months. We'll see how the next week goes, but I think I will try to get back to LA as soon as possible.

Comments