Skip to main content
things I believe

I believe that you have to be willing to see the funny. Is a girl having "relations" with a stuffed monkey in a movie pushing the limits? Yes. Is it hilarious? Absolutely. Would people realize this if they weren't too busy being crusty? I think so.

I believe that people get too caught up in the details.

I believe I see the world from my own perspective, and that trying to fit into a box would be the death of myself. There are millions of people who fit into the conservative Christian box and are thrilled to death about it, but I am not one of those people. I do not believe in conformity. I do not believe we should all be alike. I believe that assimilation is for the fearful, those who are so married to their singular ideas about the world that they are closed off to anyone else's ideas.

I believe that at 22 I am still forming my ideas about the world. I believe that is a good thing. I believe that I do not have enough life experience to have built my own box of beliefs, let alone to have ascribed to anyone elses. I believe searching for the truth is a lifelong journey, and anyone who thinks they can ever stop looking is fooling themselves.

I believe people enjoy fooling themselves because perhaps ignorance is bliss.

I believe it is of the utmost importance to be aware of and to have read other religious texts. If I don't know what I don't believe, how can I be sure about what I do believe? I cannot ascribe to my religion if I don't know why I don't ascribe to any others.

I believe that this could go on forever, but I should probably go to bed.

I believe I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Enjoy & as always, watch for flying monkeys.

Comments