Skip to main content

"Even your imaginary friends dislike you."

That is some amusement from my evening. I am happy to announce that for the first time since I started giving out favorite person awards, which was probably about a month ago, I'm not gonna check to be sure so just go with me on this, Jared has merited one. He sent me a great email tonight, which was a pleasant surprise. Don't worry I will soon be forwarding said email to all the members of the penta as per Jared's request.

This makes post #3 for the day, but I've been listening to Kendall Payne this evening and now feel the need to share with you more lyrics. I know, the blog has been lyrics-palooza of late, but if you don't like it you can just go cry to your mommy because these are cool lyrics & they make me feel better, so who are you to be complaining, eh? This is all some of us have to brighten our days right now as we find ourselves failing at life, so deal with it. Another reason I'm not too thrilled to not be in school--I never failed anything in school. Seriously, I could have had a 4.0 in college had I tried, as it was I got a 3.5 without too much stress. And this whole real life thing has been quite stressful without producing any sort of result, so I'm not quite sure why people would think I would be stoked about that. Anyway, on to the lyrics, hazaa!

"Hey, Alice are you completely
Satisfied with Wonderland
And all it's wonder?
Cause if you're not, you know I've
Heard that they're handing out a
money-back guarantee at the door."
~Wonderland

"it's a big girl world now
full of big girl things
and everyday i wish i was small

i've been counting on nothing
but he keeps giving me his word
and i'm tired of hearing myself speak
do you get weary? do you ever get weak?
how do you dream when you can't fall asleep?"
~Scratch

"40 days in Hollywood 40 nights in hell
How's life in your comfort zone?
Out here on sacred ground I'm doing swell
The new word is I'm crazy could have told you that before
But if you've got the guts to join me leave your sandals at the door
Because there's no turning back, no wasting time
No giving up on what I know is mine
No way I'm stopping not a chance I'm backing down
I've come to fight for mercy and take this angel town

I hear it so clear it pounds upon my heart
Who will give ear, and sacrifice to start
Am I alone? If so, it is well with me
Do you know that the truth will set you free?

40 days in Hollywood, 40 nights in Hell
Sweet seduction plagues the streets I know now why she fell
But there's no time for distractions and I will not close my eyes
I'm hunting for the hurting, desperate in their cries"
~Hollywood

So that's what I've been listening to this evening. It's cool when you go back & listen to old CDs and some of the songs just apply so well. I feel so much like writing more and yet I really have nothing to say. I guess I just feel the need to talk to someone and since picking up the phone right now would be a terrible idea as anyone I would want to call is at least 2 hours ahead of me making it well past 1 am for them & oddly most people are not too pleased when you call them late at night just because you feel like chatting. But I feel a profound need to be connected to people and this is really my best option right now. I did call Steve at 3 am one morning, he was very cool about it, though I felt quite bad about waking him up so late. It was Valentine's night & there were extenuating circumstances. Anyway, I guess I won't blather on simply for the sake of blathering so I will wait to write again til I have something to say, or more lyrics to post of course. :) Have I mentioned that self-deprication is one of my favorite forms of humor? Whoops, almost spelled that the British way, can't be having that now. Anyway, goodnight to all.

Comments

Unknown said…
i was awake, you could have called, but it was quite a night... i will be blogging about it later. i am making the trip today to Knoxville this afternoon, i need some Zach Braff in my life!! i gotta go to a meeting but i will talk/email/call/telaport to you soon! love ya!