Skip to main content

grocery shopping x 3

So I had to buy groceries today seeing as I was out of juice, milk, and cereal. Now being someone who loves to cook I usually love my trips to the grocery store. Of course, grocery shopping is a little more fun when you plan to do actual cooking as opposed to buying microwave foods as they are phenomenally cheaper, but I can't afford to cook real food right now & it's quite less fun to only be cooking for yourself. Anyway, upon returning home I realized that my milk was not in my bags. I checked the receipt to see that it had been rung up. As it was the first thing I put on the conveyor I knew I had picked it up & indeed the 2.29 was marked on my receipt. So I proceeded to my car to see if it had simply fallen out of the bag. No dice, but upon my looking I did find my long lost chapstick that I thought had been lost on the grounds of Culver Studio when I went there for their worthless expo. Anyway, so I returned inside to call the store to see what could be done about this dilemma. The manager told me to come in at my convenience to pick up my milk. Of course "my convenience" would have been getting the milk when I paid for it. Nevertheless seeing as I have spades of time I decided to go back to the store right away. Since it's fairly close I figured I would walk this time, which was nice. I used to take walks all the time during school & haven't gone on one in awhile. Of course at school I could go for a walk at midnight & not have to worry about being murdered. Guess Iowa isn't completely worthless, who'd have thought? ;) Anyway, so I went on my little walk & retrieved my milk. Turns out those security things in the grocery store are largely for show as the manager just told me to grab my milk & walk out. Pretty cool. After being home & having a lovely phone conversation with Shauna I decided I would like to have some juice. Before I even walked in the kitchen I realized that I did not remember putting any juice in the fridge or even mistakenly putting it in the pantry with the rest of my food. Just to make sure I did check the fridge & the pantry before checking the receipt again. Guess what, the juice was on the receipt. So I walked out to my car and drove back to the store. I met up with the manager again whom I'm sure by this point thought I was crazy, but whatever & I carried out my juice. Of course you're probably thinking, you just forgot to pick up one of your bags. I don't think it's very nice of you to accuse me of such things. I always make sure to pick up all of my bags & whatever happened to the milk & juice I do not know. To wrap up this long story abruptly, after 3 trips to the store I finally ended up with all of the groceries I paid for at my house. It was quite annoying.

So I think my parents are afraid that I'm not going to call them with a shout of jubilation when I get a job. See because every day they ask me if I've heard from this person or that person. Crap if I find out anything remotely useful don't you think I'd freakin' call??? Oy! And I think there is about a 2 week cycle on all other annoying questions. Have you tried looking into film dept's at the universities in the areas? Are any of the other students from your class out there? How's the weather out there? For anyone wondering, the weather out here is always nice, that's why the 12 million people living out here. Ahh! I wish I could just escape from all the crap that annoys me or at least rise above it.

Anyway, I'll leave you with a quote:
"Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. That's why there's us. Champions. It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be."
~Angel, you know that vampire guy with the soul who was originally on Buffy before starring in the titular role of his own spin-off

Comments