Skip to main content
I hope you are all reading Zach Braff's blog as it is quite hilarious.

So I wanted to write to you about the big fat American lie, you know the one wherein they tell you that it's easier to get a job after you have a four year degree. I'm telling you that for my money, the negative 21,ooo that it is, no one here gives a rat's turd about a degree. In fact I honestly believe that I would be better off right now had I said screw the whole college thing and just come out to LA right after high school and started doing grunt work then. Of course, when I graduated high school I had no idea that I wanted to move to LA and then I would not have met all of the cool people that I did because of college, but still I would not have an exorbitantly expensive piece of paper that I will be paying for over the next 10 years of my life AND I would not have bought into the $100,000 illusion that said people care about said piece of paper. It has done me no good. And I could sit here blaming Bush as the job market is not so great right now and boo hoo woe is me, but those of you who know me know that I think that is foolish. For me to suggest that a man sitting in Washington trying his darndest to keep this country going and to help us out all the while trying to protect us and to keep his own job in the face of retarded democrats suggesting that maybe he is the one responisble for 9/11 and that they would have prevented it or at least reacted better and not gotten us into a fake war looking for weapons that were not there except they probably were and are now somewhere else which is something we should be quite concerned about, for me to suggest that he is the one responsible for me not having a job right now is laughable. Rather I blame my parents and my high school and all the people who convinced my generation that going to college was the most important thing I could do. I blame the institutions who have replaced the time honored tradition of apprenticeships and learning your skill from a master, someone who has worked the trade you desire to be a part of for his whole life, since he was an apprentice to a master who had worked the trade you desire to be a part of for his whole life since . . . you get my point. I hope. Anyway, suffice to say I am still looking for a job and dislike the fact that the cause of my negative net worth has gotten me nowhere.

Comments