Skip to main content
I was at Target today.
I saw Dustin Hoffman.
For real, Rain Man just shopping in Target.
I know he's just a real person,
and real people do shop at Target.
It was just pretty cool.
I usually don't care about seeing celebrities,
but it was kind of cool today.
This probably sounds silly,
but it just kind of felt like a sign.
The kind of thing that says
"yeah, this is where you're supposed to be."
Don't worry I do realize I'm neurotic.
I'm okay with that.
It's all I have right now.

On a completely different note, for those of you who are curious & hopefully to prevent myself from being asked this question again, no I am not glad that I am not starting another schoolyear right now. Didn't think I would ever say that, but to go back to a relatively carefree life full of stability tends to trump what I've found for myself right now. I don't have medical insurance, so my mom says, you can't get sick. I'm gonna go ahead and try that, but it's a little more pressure that I don't need & really can't do anything about in the end anyway. I feel like I'm in a holding pattern right now & that's not terribly great. And as much of a pain as school can be at least I was making progress toward something & learning which is cool. Of course as it turns out that thing I was working for has pretty much been worthless, but that's another story that I've already told. And of course I was so excited to be done with school, but that was before I knew where I would be right now. And that leaves me wondering, is it possible to be happy in this human condition of ours? I try to be & to appreciate the little things, but in the end I'm so tortured. I have nothing tangible right now that I thought I would have by this point in my life & that's amazingly hard. Not to bring everything back to Garden State as it seems that is what I do these days, but it could not have been released at a more appropriate time for me, so here is a quote & that's all for me right now:
"I know it hurts. But it's life, and it's real. And sometimes it [f-ing] hurts, but it's life, and it's pretty much all we got."

Comments