Skip to main content
So I got sick of that other font, even though it is one of my favorite fonts, I just don't like how it looks for my blog. So I'm going back to the original flavor.

Today's word of the day is . . . well just imagine what the word of the day might be if you got into a car accident with an Armenian. Shauna knows what I'm talking about. No, I did not get into a car accident with an Armenian today, I took care of that back in February. I did however get an email that the job I really wanted has been filled. So I'm back to square one. I hate square one, unless we're talking about that cool math show that was on PBS when we were growing up. That was the coolest, and Mathnet, that was good times as well. George Frankly and Kate Monday, those were cool cats. Sadly, though we're talking about real life square one which is really just evil and not filled with all the mathy goodness. So, between being angry and sad I have to work on pursuing other avenues, which may be easier if I had any idea where to start. What I've been doing has not been working. For the first time I've been questioning if I made the right decision. And really I believe that I did, but I did not think it would take 7 weeks to find a job, any job. I know it will take awhile to find the perfect job, but in the meantime I was really hoping to find a job at a bookstore or something, but it seems that the market is so saturated so no dice on that even. And to make matters worse, in said 7 weeks, there are certain friends that I have not heard from at all. That's remarkably uncool. At times I feel so young and that I have so much time to fulfill my dreams. And then days like today I'm thinking, I'm 22 and I have not made any progress toward my goals. I'm in a fantastically different place in my life than I ever imagined I would be right now. And sometimes that's really exciting, but others it's really scary. And I can't help but ask why me? Why am I in this position? This is not what I chose. Until 6 years ago all I really wanted to do was be a housewife. Seriously, I can't imagine anything better. I love film and I want to be involved in it for as long as I can and hope to return to it after raising a family, but I would leave film in a second to be a stay at home mom. Of course that isn't going to happen anytime soon. I'll probably have my first indie film produced long before that. And I want to produce those films, but it's not everything. I didn't ask for this. A year ago if you had told me I would be moving to LA I would have laughed. And now that I'm here I'm glad, save for the overwhelming difficulty of trying to make any progress. Anyway, this is fabulously long & I have no intention of spending my whole day at Panera, so I will be ending this now. Go see "Garden State" if it comes to your city this weekend. Anyone who's been in college should be able to relate. It's nice to know people you've never even met go through similar experiences.

Comments