Skip to main content
Today's favorite person award goes to Ravi and not just because it is his birthday today. That would be pretty lame. Rather in fact because I talked to him for quite awhile this morning & that kid cracks me up. If you don't know him, you would like him. And if you don't like him, then you're probably just not cool. Yeah, I said it. What now? Okay, that's pretty much all I have to say. I would write about the new job possibility in my life, but that just might jinx it & it might suggest that I'm getting my hope up about something which we all know just leads to pain, so I'm not even going to talk about it . . .

As soon as I leave Panera today I will be going to open my new checking account, which is just one more step in officially living here. The next step being of course to move into my apartment which is happening on Saturday, making in necessary to go to Ikea tomorrow. A good time shall be had by all, except for maybe my parents who get to pay for said trip. But in my defense I was going to use graduation money for said venture, but that got used up registering my car as the craptacular DMV only accepts cash or local checks of which I didn't have seeing as I had just gotten here when I had to register my car right away so as not to get pulled over. Anyway, so it all evens out. After that only two more things to do to consider myself officially moved, get a CA driver's license, which I think technically I was supposed to do like 3 weeks ago, apparently they don't like you to register a car in CA and not have a CA driver's license. Let me tell you, their stupid DMV rules are a pain in the arse, though thankfully since I have a valid license from another state I will not be subjected to a stupid driving test just the written one. Anyway, the final thing of course for me to consider myself officially moved is . . . wait I forget, what was that one last thing I needed to do? Oh that's right, I need a freakin' job. That would be helpful. Then I will consider myself official. You are probably surprised that I didn't mention registering to vote. That of course is important, but I'm pretty sure I can do that the same time as I get my license, so that will all be taken care of together. Of course I will be voting. I hope to be a part of the day that CA's electoral votes go to a Republican candidate. Perhaps this year. Perhaps CA is realizing the folly of it's ways in being so Democratic. After all, we saw how that whole Grey Davis thing worked out. I don't know if I spelled his first name right, but whatever it's a color & not much of a name. Anyway, speaking of governors, you know that guy that replaced Davis? You know the Republican one? He's got the highest approval rating that a CA governor has had after a year in office (I think that's what they said, has it been a year already?) in almost 30 years. That's right, let's hear it for the Republican guy, Arnold Schwarzenneger for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about. I also don't know how to spell his name, but whatever. And let me just say, I know plenty of foreigners who would make good presidents, but I do not think it would be prudent to try to start changing the Constitution, even if we think Arnold would be a good presidential candidate. As they say, if it's not broke, don't fix it. See, the US has the longest standing Constitution in the world. See, we may be a young country, but we did a good job of getting things right early on, so let's not go messing with things, okay? Granted our early presidents were not born here, but still let's not go changing things up now. If we get to a point that there are no good US born candidates for president, then we can consider what we need to do, but we are not at that point, so let's just leave it alone, okay? As always watch for flying monkeys and since Garret brought it up, watch for mentally deficient monkey droppings.

Comments