Skip to main content
Today's favorite person awards go to Phil and Shauna both of whom sent me excellent emails recently. Here is a quote from Phil's that amuses me so greatly. :)

(We have been discussing names and their meanings.)
"I always think about the meanings of names too; I had a whole list of choices for names of the two mice I got- and they're 'only' mice. They're cool though. One is Asher for her jet black color, and the other is Sal Paradise after the freewheeling main character in On the Road. He's quite a curious and friendly mouse, a warm brown sandy color."

Phil is awesome. And so is Shauna. I have cool friends.

Anyway, this weekend was most excellent. On Friday I went to "Garden State" and was of course right that it is a fantastic movie. It is definitely rated R, though, just to warn you. Zach Braff is a great writer. The film made me cry, which is cool because not that many films draw me in enough to do that. I also laughed a good deal. It was really beautiful in so many ways.

Another great film I saw this weekend was "The Village." I love M. Night Shyamalan even more than I did before. That man is a brilliant writer; the story has so many different elements and layers and they all work together so fantastically. This movie also made me cry. The scene between Lucius and Ivy on the porch is so beautiful. Congrats to Bryce Dallas Howard for a fantastic feature debut. I was duly impressed. I also loved Joaquin Phoenix in this film, probably my favorite movie of his, which is a big deal because I of course loved him in "Signs," but I think this performance tops it. Adrien Brody also carries off an amazing performance. I was at times simultaneously amused and disturbed. And hooray for the film being #1 at the box office this weekend. Let's hear it for the Indians, go Night! :) Still wondering what Lucius' color is, though. Any thoughts? I don't think it's red.

On Sunday I was lucky enough to spend the majority of the day with a crowd of people from Christian Assembly at a church barbecue. It was a great deal of fun. Fellowship is good.

I also found out this weekend that I will get to move into my apartment by next Tuesday, aka Garret's birthday, so hooray for that & happy Garret's birthday to me! :) And to him I guess, but I think the cool present I send him will take care of that. Of course said present will likely be late as I am still looking for a job & now that I can move in soon I will have to be buying furniture this week. Being a grown up is fun! Have a great day everyone & as always watch for flying monkeys. Also be watching for "Chicken Little" for which Zach Braff provides the lead voice. A good time shall be had by all.

Comments