Skip to main content

free stuff = hazaa!

So last night there was this Garden State meetup (supposed to be one word) thing. I think it was supposed to happen across the nation & really I'm a huge fan but I find it a little creepy to meet up with people you don't know just because you like the same movie. I don't know, it's just weird to me. Anyway, I found out though that the guy organizing the meetup in Santa Monica, 15 minutes from my house in the direction of the beach for those who don't know the area, was organized by a guy from Fox Searchlight. A guy who just happened to be bringing posters and cds. So we went to this cool old theater in SM & when we got there this guy gave us posters, which was cool, but as we all know my real desire was for a soundtrack. So I ended up talking to this guy and just asking if he had any info about it as it has been sold out everywhere. After talking to him for a bit he reached in his magical bag & handed me a copy of the soundtrack! Hazaa! Yes, the bag was magical b/c anything that offers me something totally cool for free must be! :) So that was my great Saturday evening. Oh also saw Cuba Gooding Jr. at that theater, which is pretty cool but not as cool as Garden State. Saw the movie for the 4th time, btw. I think I'll take a break now as I realized that was the only movie I saw for the entire month of August. Well, except for a free screening of Without a Paddle at Paramount, but seeing as that was so horrible I blocked it from my memory, it doesn't really count.

So I have another interview tomorrow. I'll let you know how that goes. It would be really awesome to have a paying job before rent is due again.

One more thing, to those whom I owe emails, you will be getting them soon. I've been waiting just because I'm hoping to be able to fill them with joyous news of employment. Fear not, I have not forgotten.

Happy Labor day all! I'll be busy keeping up the tradition of not having the day off--NW always had class on Labor day & seeing as I was a TA I still did that job too. I'm such a sucker. Oh well, if I get a job it's all good. Flying monkeys also happen to work on Labor day, so you might have to look out for that.

Comments