Skip to main content

people I miss

So I actually had a pretty good day today, so this isn't a sad post so much as a I miss seeing these really cool people on a daily basis who make my life so happy post. You still make my life happy, I just would like to see your wonderful faces more often. :)

Okay I have to interrupt this post for a moment to comment on the helicopter that seems to be circling the area which makes me only wonder if some bad guy is wandering my streets, not an altogether comforting feeling as I near bedtime . . .

I miss . . .
Shauna: she made LA what is was, she is my kindred spirit & a dear friend. I miss just hanging out with you & drinking chai. On the 31st of August I like you!

RV: she is the coolest roommate ever & I quite enjoyed our Hand & Foot tournaments, what was our record, 300? crazy stuff, but always fun. and our midnight Return of the King trip, that was great & I'm glad we got to experience it together

the brothers: these are cool kids with a crazy sense of humor that I so enjoy & I can be totally real with them

the sister: we have our profound differences, but I know at the end of the day she cares a lot about me & that means a lot. she never makes me feel inadequate, which is cool because I have grown up in her shadow. we have gotten to a point that we can accept each other for our differences, she's much more like my mother & more & more I'm realizing I'm the out there one of my family

Steve: my fellow film nerd, he actually knows more than me but it's cool b/c we can spend a whole conversation just talking film & not in any sort of pretentious manner & he's got a crazy sense of humor too so I always laugh when I talk to him. and he's one of those people I always feel better after talking to

Nick M.: one of those long time friends & that's cool, I feel like we've been through a lot together even with all our not togetherness, so that's great. I always feel like I can tell him how I'm feeling & he makes me feel better too

Dan: my favorite memory with Dan is the night of my sister's wedding, we all went out for dinner afterwards & then he & Raj & I just hung out in my living room for awhile, it was great. and of course there's all the BWW Tuesdays, that was a good time

Nate: he is someone I can just talk to & we had all these great conversations in LA, he's very down to earth, let's hear it for the 9s (enneagram type, cool stuff & I get along well with the 9s like Nate & Shauna). plus, he's been so awesome about keeping in touch since I moved out here which has meant so much

Garret: he's crazy & has this cruel sarcasm that is so funny, but he's also thoughtful, he sent me this really great email today that I will be replying to in due course. I mean, uh, that guy's a jerk I don't miss him ;)

Jared: what can I say? probably the worst person about keeping in touch, but I still miss him. we had some good times, going to Triplets of Bellville with him & Andrew was quite fun and of course our trips to the Getty. and of course I met his cool friend & now mine, Phil, because of him, so definite props for that

Nick T.: I haven't talked to him in ages, but we were really good friends for awhile & I totally miss that

Phil: I spent a grand total of 2 evenings hanging out with this guy while he was visiting LA & we've kept in touch since, which has been quite cool. he writes great emails. it's just odd to miss someone you haven't spent that much time with, but that's how things sort of were with Nick M. & I at the beginning, so it's cool. again, hooray for living in this time where keeping in touch is so easy. we talk about books & art & life, and you can't go wrong there

Courtney: she is the cool. she has a passion for music that rivals my passion for film & one of my favorite memories is hanging out with her & some of the guys from Foolish Things at the coffeehouse last November after they played at our school

John: this guy makes some great pie, good coffee too & he's very deep but also so fun. I'm glad I got to know him this year, even if it was at the end of my NW career. I got to help out with his psych study which was great & then I skipped class the night he was presenting the results, that was a good time. we had some great late night conversations on his front porch, it was fun. oh! and we played Mary & Joseph for a bit at the Spanish house Christmas party, that was crazy

Justin: I met him the night of John's birthday. we had a great conversation the day I left Orange City back in December. I wish I had the chance to get to know him more. I think he's in Japan right now teaching English or soon will be. I'm happy for him that's such an awesome experience

certainly there are many others whom I deeply care about & miss, but these are the people who have been at the forefront of my life recently & I just wanted you guys to know that I luvya

watch out for those flying monkeys, they'll get you every time

oh and stay tuned to the RNC, great speeches thus far. loved Laura Bush regardless of what that one dillhole reporter said about how she shouldn't have spoken, whatever. she's cool & would kick Teresa's arse any day of the week

Comments

Unknown said…
you are the coolest! :) on the 1st of September i like you because it was the 1st of September