Skip to main content

happy Amerigo Vespucci day

Yeah, I'm officially boycotting Columbus day. Can anyone tell me why we actually have Columbus day anyway? We named the country after someone else, so was this sort of like a consolation prize? I mean the man didn't even know he was in the wrong place, thus that whole snafu wherein everytime I tell someone I'm half Indian they ask what tribe. Not kidding, wish I were. So what, we say, yeah you sucked at that whole sailing thing, but we'll dedicate a day to you just for the heck of it so we can have another special shopping weekend and so the post office can get another day off. Which, by the way, I checked my mail 4 times today before realizing it was freakin' Columbus day. In my defense, the mailman usually comes at 11, but somedays not til 3, so it's all very crazy. Anyway, when I checked the mail for the last time at 6 pm I realized that in fact it was a mail holiday and that we were in fact not just losers. Whew, that was a close one. Anyway, on Amerigo Vespucci day no one takes the day off, they do get free donuts, though. And I think we can all agree that a day with free donuts and mail is better than a day with no mail and no donuts.

Anyway, here's some enjoyment brought to me by Phil, and now I will share it with you:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/end.php.
Disclaimer: This link may or may not contain gratuitous usage of the f-word, and by that I mean it does contain the f-word a lot, whether or not its usage is gratuitous is up to your discretion.

Soon to come, my thoughts on Sean Penn vs. Trey Parker and Matt Stone (you know, those South Park guys), I'll dissect Penn's rhetoric and maybe if you're lucky mention the part about the puppet sex. A good time shall be had by all, especially those who find themselves to be marionettes.

Comments