Skip to main content
I haven't blogged in awhile. I had a good week, except for the part wherein I didn't get any emails. But now I am sad. Not 'cause of the email thing. My dad was in town this week, but he left today. My dad is the coolest. For real. We went to this killer Indian restaurant last night that is just down the street from me. Hooray! I ordered my food spicy & it was hot, I quite enjoyed it. The chicken curry tasted like my chicken curry, and as Shauna knows, you can't beat that. :) And the chai was heavenly. Seriously, if I had someone I could just sit and drink chai with, view films, make the occasional trip to the Getty, and discuss books, I think that would pretty much do it for me. For those of you who may not know, the Getty is perhaps the best place in LA, an art museum that is as cool on the outside as it is inside. Oh, that previously mentioned person should also enjoy me cooking for them a lot. That would be perfection. Anyway, so yes my dad went back home today. It was nice to spend time with him. He's the only member of my family who has been to LA, so I kinda feel like he has this special measure of understanding of my life. And even though he & I can get into our little tifts, I know that on some level he understands me better right now than anyone. For those of you who don't know my dad, Andrew says he looks like Kumar Pallana, you know Pagoda, that Indian guy in the Royal Tenenbaums. To me he just looks like my dad.

Check out Keane. Raj sent that to me this week. Hopes & Fears is an excellent album. You've probably heard their song Somewhere Only We Know on the radio and/or in that one Victoria's Secret commercial with the really great song.

Also, you are going to want to rent Saved! as it came out this week. If you haven't seen it, you should probably get on that. I think we've established that I'm good with the movie recommending, so go ahead and get on it. Have a great week everyone & enjoy celebrating that day for the one guy who couldn't figure out how in the world to get to where he really wanted to be.

Comments