Skip to main content

quote-a-blog

Sometimes the most amusing stuff I can offer you comes not from myself, but from some of the wonderful people I know. Crazy right, that I'm not the funniest person you and I know. I don't mean to stun you with this fact, but it's only fair to be honest. Granted I'm like way up there on the funny chart, but so are these two guys.

First being Raj, whom you all have come to know and love, his words at least as they keep popping up here.

"you NEVER gripe about free food. that's a fundamental rule of life. rumor has it that it was in the running for being on the 10 commandments, but it got edged out by murder"

I would just like to point out that I was not the one complaining about the free food, it was this tool that I met tonight. And no, I wasn't paying for the food either, my dad was. And the tool was the guy who is attending this computer convention with my dad, the guy who is with the company who paid for my dad to come out here. Pretty convenient that he gets a free trip to the city I live in. :)

More quoteable fun, this one is from John, a friend from college whom I did not really get to know until my last semester at Northwestern, but even so we have remained good friends.

This was some pretty rockin' encouragement:
"if you look at the best stories in life they always deal with people going through hard times before they come out on the other side victorious. just think of yourself as Frodo climbing up the side of mount doom. You are just passing through mordor right now. everything will work out in the end you just migh thave to take a different path to get there than you first anticipated."

I am Frodo. That's pretty cool. Just hope that whole scene in Mount Doom where everything works out doesn't result in someone biting off my finger. No thank you to that. I'd rather be Legolas in that case, even if it means being person-who-states-the-obvious, "You mean create a diversion." Yes, Sherlock that's what we've been talking about the past 10 minutes. For being an elf, not so clever, but whatever Orlando Bloom still rocks. Just in case we're taking inventory, if I was someone in LOTR I would want to be Arwen. "If you want him, come and claim him!" She kicked those Nazguls' dead asses. Very cool.

And now for some insight from Phil. I know I haven't given you a Phil quote in a little while & I'm sure you've been sitting in your room waiting for the post that would bring you more Phil. See, I told you he was that cool. And you didn't believe me. It's okay, I'll still be kind and share this with you:
"I think sometimes I need to balance my desire for a better life with some contentment and thankfulness for the life I have. It's not bad, and if it never got better you know, I'd be okay. I often forget that perspective..."

I like that. I think we are so often busy thinking about what color we'd like our grass to be that we forget that what we already have is quite verdant.

Enjoy your weeks everyone! I will be as I get to spend some quality time with my dad! That deserves a HAZAA! :) Also, I'm working tomorrow, which I'm excited about. I keep saying that this is just a job for now, and really I know that I will not be in this job forever, but I feel like I am in this job for a reason right now & that's pretty cool.

Comments