Skip to main content

sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

So I was originally planning on going off on this whole discourse related to Fight Club and ultimately the whole, "you are not your job idea." I think that is true, so long as your stuck in a job that is all about the money. But perhaps what should be true is that your job is you. What you do should be what you love. At the end of the day, even in the do what you love scenario, I guess it is true that you are not your job. Ultimately, hopefully, you are more. I am not just a film producer. I am someone who cares deeply about the people in my life. I am a listener. I am someone who looks forward to getting married and raising a family. I am a dreamer. I am always trying to grow, and yet often fighting it. I am a complex individual. I want my job to fit into the equation as it is my passion, but I do not want my job to be the equation. Happiness isn't wrapped up in what I do. I won't always be in a job that I love. I may not be able to make that movie that I desire to and I'll have to watch someone else muck it up. And I'll move on because it is not the end of the road or of me. So, for not going off on that discourse, I kind of went off on it.

And now for something completely different, and yet so much related to sticking feathers up one's arse. So not to be political again, except for that I am completely about to be political again. Don't worry all of this will pass after November 2, and will end with an "mm hmm that's right!" kind of post. Unless the douche somehow squeaks out a win in which case there will likely be much more political commentary. So here is a collection of Kerry quotes based on his comment the other night that he's "had one position, one consistent position." He said that, and he said these things. Kerry speaks for himself. I will leave you with his words and make no comments on them myself.

KERRY: Left to his own devices, Saddam Hussein will provoke, misjudge, or stumble into a future of more dangerous confrontation with the civilized world.

KERRY: Yes, I would have voted for the authority.

KERRY: It's the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time.

KERRY: I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein.

KERRY: We have traded a dictator for a chaos that has left America less secure.

KERRY: I'm glad Saddam Hussein is gone and I supported the notion of removing him.

KERRY: Those who believe today that we are not safer with his capture don't have the judgment to be president or the credibility to be elected President of the United States.

KERRY: To abandon our troops and recklessly leave Iraq, that's irresponsible. (keep in mind here that Kerry has said he will be able to get the troops out of Iraq within 6 months of his election, I believe. whether or not my numbers are right, he has set a time table)

Comments