Skip to main content
You know how when you want to quote a movie, but then you can't find the quote on the internet anywhere, so you have to transcribe it yourself? This is for you, freshly transcribed by me from "Life as a House."

"It struck me, strong as anything ever has -- I'm happy today."
"And what were you before today?"
"I don't know what it was -- the way the sun struck the ocean or the sound of the waves. It was simple whatever it was."

I always think of that quote whenever I have this rush of realizing that I'm happy in a particular moment. I am happy today. So I bring to you the "I like . . ." post. :)

I like how I put my Bush/Cheney sticker up in my room as a decoration.

I like how I had a really good night even though things did not go at all as I had planned.

I like when my plans fail and something better happens.

I like it when it is brisk and rainy in LA as it is right now and actually feels like fall.

I like "I Heart Huckabees" which is a bizarre and amusing and intellectual film that I saw tonight.

I like how art is an expression of the soul.

I like having people with whom to experience and share these expressions.

I like getting dressed up.

I like how the Red Sox beat the Yankees tonight in extra innings even though I did not see the game.

I like that the guy at the Coffee Bean flirted with me tonight.

I like that taking a leap of faith is simultaneously the scariest and most rewarding thing.

I like how independent films are often "talkie" because they tend to say things, the things we feel and don't or can't articulate.

I like feeling that the world is full of possibilities.

And I like all of you who are kind enough to take some time to read my thoughts.

May this 3rd week in October be filled with delight, much love, and Bic Runga. Even if that just means you are delighted by how much you love to listen to Bic Runga. :)

(I like how spell check wants to replace Huckabees with either "escapees" or "housewives." Interesting.)

Comments

Unknown said…
i like reading your comments and on the 18th of October i like you, because it's the 18th of October :)