Skip to main content

best weekend ever!

First of all, I have to say wahoo! for the thunder that is going on outside right now. Hooray for pouring rain and weather that feels more like fall than summer. :)

So, onto the wonderfulness that has been this weekend. Friday night Nicole & I saw "Finding Neverland." That is a fantastic film. As Nicole put it, "I laughed, I cried, I thought 'damn, Johnny Depp is hot,' and was simply amazed by the whole film." I couldn't have said it better. Today we went to the Getty, which if you've been keeping up is one of my favorite places. Then tonight we ordered pizza online, crazy new fangled technology changing everything all up. Mostly neither of us felt like calling, though the online thing was much more complicated. ;) Then went to the Grove. It's this cool outdoor mall. We went to Cost Plus World Market. That store rocks. Then we went to Barnes & Noble and browsed and talked about good books to read. I petted Joshua Braff's book, but sadly did not buy it as I couldn't justify the $18. It sprinkled a bit while we were there & was just generally chilly. The place was decorated for Christmas, it was so fun. Then we came home, watched a little SNL and I made chai for us. Now I know you're thinking, this sounds like a fun weekend, wish I coulda been there. You should be thinking that. But this makes it even better:
"Seriously, if I had someone I could just sit and drink chai with, view films, make the occasional trip to the Getty, and discuss books, I think that would pretty much do it for me."
Thanks to Pieter's inquiry about cat urine grenades, I was looking over old blog entries tonight and came across that. I wrote that a little over a month ago just after Nicole had moved in, but before I really knew her. Reading over that tonight & realizing just how perfect this weekend was felt like God saying to me, hey I'm here & believe it or not I am still listening. That is freakin' awesome. :)

"It struck me, strong as anything ever has -- I'm happy today." Mmm, Life as a House. :)

Comments