Skip to main content
Everyone is aware right that if we didn't "fall back" we wouldn't have to "spring forward?" I'm just checking because otherwise I'm driving home in the dark for very little reason. One week it's light at 6pm and the next we decide it's time to be finished saving daylight and so my drive into darkness begins. Here's something funny from Fox News the other night, apparently Bush got re-elected by the middle of the US where nothing important happens. Please tell me that next time you want to eat dinner. Or the next time you decide you like the stock market because oh yeah that really rich guy, Warren Buffet or something like that is from the midwest and has his annual shareholders get together shindig in the midwest. Plus, let's be honest our whole little crazy clock jumping is largely for the farmers who are mostly in the midwest. Don't forget the importance of Texas where we get our main supply of illegal immigrants. And of course there's Florida where there's bad weather and lots of old people. And Nevada, you can't tell me you don't think anything important happens in Las Vegas. Hello, Celine Dion will be putting on shows there til, what is it now? 2000 and no one cares? So plenty of important states vote(d) Republican and I'll thank you not to belittle them.

Another amusing story, my mom was telling me about this party she and my dad went to this weekend at the house of some guy my dad works with. Apparently they kept trying to offer my mom drinks. My mom doesn't drink, ever. So she says to me, "They kept trying to offer me something called Captain Morgan. I don't even know what that is." :)

So I have to go to my brother-in-law's uncle's house on Christmas day. Cool, hanging out with people I don't know that well. Here's hoping they have some Captain Morgan. ;) Seriously, though, if I have to spend Christmas with someone's in-laws, they'd better be mine. And since I'm not anywhere near a situation that will garner me some of my own in-laws, I think I shouldn't be having to hang out with other people's. My roommates and I were talking about mother-in-laws last night. I think the proper plural is actually mothers-in-law, but I don't like how that sounds, so I'll stick with my way. Anyway, a comment was made about how no girl probably ever gets along with her mother-in-law. I hope that's not the case. I would hope to have a great relationship with my mother-in-law. I think it's possible. Maybe I live in a fantasy world, but "I would rather be an optimist and a fool than a pessimist and right." Props to whoever can tell me where that quote comes from.

Comments

Pete said…
Is the quote Einstein? I appreciate your thoughts on both the time change and Captain Morgan by the way :-)