Skip to main content
How sad for my life when no one is online with whom to chat. The trouble of working in the afternoon is that I can still stay up freakishly late, hooray for that. But no one else does. Of course I should be using this lateness to finish one script coverage and to read another script and cover it, but alas I would rather be blogging. I was trying to figure out how I could put it off until tomorrow, but I just don't think that is possible once I factor into my day the necessary sleeping in and the getting ready time and the errand I am so graciously running for one of my roommates and the 25 minute commute. Note: not complaining about my drive time, it's quite decent for LA.

Good things from tonight: white chocolate latte from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Right, I know it's all kinds of sacrilege to patron ginormous coffee chain that isn't Starbucks, but the Coffee Bean is open later & a closer walking distance from my house, so whatever.

Another good thing from tonight is the delightful scent of my new Downy. I got sick of the kind I bought last time & I can no longer find my favorite kind, so I had to try something new. So far so good. Fabric softener makes the world better.

So here's something I'm frustrated with right now, Eminem. Those of you who know me well know of my love for our dear Marshall Mathers, but I am quite disappointed from the first two singles off his upcoming "Encore" album. "Just Lose It" while amusing is not particularly original. "Mosh" his latest release is wonderfully dark, but he's simply joining the ranks of the other celebs whining about Bush. Let me say that my disappointment with this song does not stem from its content matter. Rather my problem is that Eminem is typically so much more clever and with a slew of albums already out grousing about Bush, if Em is going to jump on the bandwagon I would hope that he would bring his brilliant writing to the table.

"No more blood for oil, we got our own battles to fight on our own soil"

One of the many trite lines in the song. I would just like to point out that gas is in the $2.40-$2.50 range in LA, and has been for about 3 weeks now. For a war that's all about oil, I'm confused as to how gas prices are so freakishly high. Certainly we have enough areas of Iraq secure that we could start raping it for oil for our own selfish benefit. Except, oh wait, that's not what this war is about. Let's not forget that Saddam was a sadistic bastard and for once we went in and stopped a genocidal maniac before he was an immediate threat to us. Was that our original intent? Not exactly, but isn't it a little more noble to save someone else than look out for yourself? I hate war, but I'd rather see a president in office who is capable of making a tough decision when necessary. "With great power comes great responsibility." At least Bush has convictions.

Anyway, I didn't mean to make this a whole political thing. Back to lighter fare.

Here are some quotes from Phil, and not in the sense that these are things he said, but in the sense that these are things he shared with me from other guys who said them.

"You can only find truth with logic if you have already found truth without it." -G.K. Chesterton

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." -Mark Twain

The new quote at the top of the page is also from Phil.

And now it is much later than when I started this business and I still have all that reading to get to. Have a great week everyone! And don't worry, I don't think P.Diddy will actually kill you if you don't vote, but just to be safe . . . Also, vote because you believe in something the guy you're voting for also believes. Don't vote for someone just because you have an anybody but the other guy attitude. Vote third party if you need to, just find the candidate that's right for you. And don't worry about your vote not counting. I live in CA and will be voting for Bush, and since we know the popular vote doesn't mean jack because of that electoral crap, my vote doesn't so much count, but I'm still sticking with my convictions. Look at me going all political again. I'll go ahead and be finished now.

Comments

Ronnie said…
Hey I just wanted to say thanks for posting, it made my day. I feel you on the gas situation. Im originally from so cal so I know the prices over there. Here in Phoenix it's a nice 209 which isn't so bad. Maybe we should tap into all those millions of gallons in Alaska that the govt. swears isn't there but all the residents of the state say there are?