Skip to main content

secret order of ninjas

I regret to inform you that the esteemed order of non-practicing ninjas to which I belong has informed me that my membership will be revoked should I post a picture here, and by that they mean they'll kill me, so you can see the predicament I find myself in. I hate to disappoint, but my life is a little more important to me than my viewership.

Okay, don't worry I'm not a member of some crazy organization that would kill me, it'll be okay. I just don't have the picture that I thought I did on my computer, so as you can see or not see I can't post it. I will however tell you the short version of the story. One night a bunch of us girls decided to dress all in black, cover our faces like ninjas and run all around campus. It was a rockin' good time & some guys tried to catch us. We suffered one casualty on our first run. On subsequent runs we came up with missions for new members to accomplish as we slinked around campus virtually undetected. We were met by some very clever water gun toting gentlemen, though. I was a founding member of our ninjas. When I was approached to be involved with this, it was probably the last thing anyone would have expected me to do. And that's why I said yes. I wanted to branch out & grow & what better place to start than joining a secret order of ninjas? I have the photos to prove it, so if you don't believe me all you have to do is come to my house...

So I'm realizing that if anyone has randomly happened upon my blog they will now think I am totally crazy. I'm highly amused by that. :)

I find myself wondering if it's a bad thing that I can't remember the last party I attended that I had fun at. That's really bad, right? I mean, I like fun, I guess I just don't like the idea of mingling with people I largely don't know and being expected to think it's fun. Yay for getting to know new people, but fun is not the word I would use to describe the awkward uncertainty of trying to make friends, mind numbing torture is more accurate. I wonder what this says about me as a person, though. I'm not ashamed to say that I hate parties that are simply drunken fests, but what about parties sans alcohol? These are in fact often the parties that you wish for alcohol b/c were you to loosen up maybe the awkwardness would be a little more bearable. Nice how in one post I've made myself seem like a crazy, alcoholic loser. Awesome.

Here are some fun lyrics from Relient K:
"I hate Christmas parties
They offer me some punch
But I just shrug
I hate Christmas parties
You and the Christmas tray
Hear me say bah hum bug"

Ha, I really love Christmas, just am not looking forward to the party for which I'm doing all the cooking and have no friends coming. This is largely a result of me having no friends, but let's not quibble about the details, okay? I am looking forward to making some yummy food, though, so I guess it's not a total wash . . .

Comments