Skip to main content

something mystical

"I mailed out all my drawings, feeling so free,
but the day was cold and rainy.
The high winds made it seem like a monsoon.
But then in the middle of the day,
the wind blew all the clouds from the sky,
breaking them up suddenly
and revealing a blazing bright sun
that reflected off all the dark wet things
in the earth and on the road.
The sun went out later in a red-orange glow,
and the moon rose shining bright and proud
amid a train of silvery clouds,
all under diamond stars.
It was the most beautiful day I've seen in seven months.
And not that all that time had been 'unbeautiful' either.
It's just that yesterday surpassed them all.
I don't know, but it seemed like the end or beginning of a season.
Or both."
- from a letter Phil sent me

Now do you understand?

Comments

Pete said…
I think i understand...