Skip to main content

but why's the rum gone?

I have a tendency to harass my friends who do not update as frequently as I would like, and so I thought I would extricate myself from my hypocrisy and post something. I have wanted to blog all day long, though I have little to say. Perhaps it is because I am trying to work on a screenplay and am trying to save all of my wit and insight for that. I apologize that you are left with the few remaining trappings that I have to offer. I am currently listening to Orange Sky by Alexi Murdoch. It's a wonderful song that was in Garden State, but did not make it on the soundtrack unfortunately. But thank goodness for Napster. Speaking of good music, All Kinds of Time by Fountains of Wayne was in Scrubs tonight. I'll have to use my last free music credit to download that one. Hooray for a return of new episodes. Tuesdays have become my new amusement night. In college it was Thursdays, I would watch the first two hours of NBC's Thursday line-up. This was back before the days of The Apprentice, when these two hours were taken up by sitcoms. It's nice to have one night of the week dedicated to nothing more than simple laughter. I now turn to Gilmore Girls, Scrubs and Committed on Tuesday nights for that. Scrubs is the one show on tv that is guaranteed to make me laugh. I used to say that about South Park too, but after that demented Christmas episode a couple weeks ago I've been taking a South Park hiatus. Speaking of demented, did you catch the Golden Globes? What the crap is with giving Leonardo my name is better suited for a renaissance painter or ninja turtle DiCaprio best actor over Johnny Depp? I don't think I will ever understand that one. Amazingly talented hotness vs. non-hotness whose best acting was all done 10 years ago. I mean are there any films in which Johnny Depp is not fantastic? Admittedly there are several that I have not seen, but the ones I have seen are all money. He's Captain Jack Sparrow & Edward Scissorhands for goodness sake! Any opinions on this one? Oscar nominations come out next Tuesday, should be interesting.

Happy hump day everyone! Don't take it like that. Watch for flying monkeys, they're pretty cheeky bastards.

(For those of you with cable and an appreciation for really good television, check out Ed now airing weekdays on TBS. It's on at noon here, so probably the same for you eastern people & 11 for you central people & I have no idea for you crazy mountain people, check your tv guide. If you've never seen the show you are missing one of the best series television has ever offered us.)

Comments

Pete said…
MMMM....Carol Vessy (sp?). I still have no idea what happy hump day means by the way. Leonardo's only good role was teh retarded kid in Gilbert Grape. Johnny Depp is great i agree. You should see Dead Man, it's crazy.
Ronnie said…
I heard Secret Window sucked, as far as Depp movies go. But I agree he's a good actor. He was great in "Once upon a time in Mexico".
My new favorite actor is Vince Vaughn. That guy makes every movie better.
aziner said…
Wednesday, it's the middle of the week, also known as hump day. Tell me you have any idea what I'm talking about. Hump, however, can also be taken "sexually." So what I am wishing people is to have a happy Wednesday, but not a happy hump day in the sexual manner, if that makes sense because honestly if people are having a happy hump day in that manner I certainly do not want to know about it, nor do I want to have any part in encouraging it.
Pete said…
I want 'that' kind of hump day....oh yeah.... and the quotation marks are supposed to signify italics...i can't figure out how to do the damn italics on my mac. Stupid....i'm tired.
Ms. McGowan said…
I got so excited when I saw that you were sending wishes for a happy hump day! I used to say that until I got corrupted and realized that people "take it like that." Dirty people like Pete:) They ruin us.
aziner said…
Sherry, I'm so glad you posted! Yes, people like Pieter ruin things for everyone. (shakes fist at Pieter) ;)

Pieter, I recommend finding a wife & then you can have *that* kind of hump day whenever you want, so long as you don't tell me about it. Wow, how many times can I say Pieter in one comment? Crazy. And just to ease your mind, I'm pretty sure you can't italicize within a comment, I just tried & only bad things happened. Nonetheless you still greatly amuse me when you're tired.
Ronnie said…
Regardless of what kind of humping we are talking about it should be happy. Perhaps we could have happy humping on happy hump day?
aziner said…
Whoa, this topic has gotten way out of hand. While yes I agree that there's no sense in engaging in humping that isn't happy, this blog shall not descend into a forum for discussing such matters, especially among all of us single people who will not be excercising those kind of activities anywhere in the immediate future. ;)
Pete said…
I almost said....'as far as you know', but i didn't, don't worry. ;-)
aziner said…
It's clever by how saying what you almost said but didn't, you actually said it. I'm on to you. It's very funny. :)
Ronnie said…
I'm humping right now...
Ronnie said…
I'm sorry, that was uncalled for, and I'm sure I'll receive some mail on that one.
Unknown said…
wow, out of control!!
how that it is friday though... Happy Best Friday!:)
aziner said…
Ronnie, I would just like to point out that thanks to your vastly innappropriate and mildly offensive comment and thanks to Shauna who is the coolest, my current blog has surpassed your current blog in number of comments. You have been thwarted!
Ronnie said…
Talk to me when you reach 25.