Skip to main content

feeling all Life as a House-y

Not in the sense that I'm addicted to pain killers or that I'm terminally ill or bitter, but in the sense of my favorite quote from the film that I transcribed for you some time ago, the one about being happy.

It has been a strange week. Upon leaving Houston my luggage was promptly lost and then returned to me. Somehow the rain caused them to lose it, not sure how that works out but whatever. I returned to work and actually had stuff to do to keep me busy the whole time. I spoke to the woman who will hopefully be hiring me in the mornings so that I might be able to afford living out here and no longer have to ask my parents for help. The way I justify it is my sister got married right after college, which of course is a decent expense especially when your dad decides he needs to re-carpet the upstairs the week of the wedding. Anyway, they didn't have that expense with me & while at this point I've probably cost them more than a wedding would have, it's how I justify it. I plan to repay them, don't worry. Anyway, Tuesday we met Pieter, so we had some weeknight fun which is of course not of the norm. (I even missed Gilmore Girl's for it, this has come to be a big thing in my world, you should feel special Pieter.) Wednesday I found out some news from Phil that I was not ready to hear, me & my stupid optimism thought things might work out how I hoped. Needless to say, he won't be moving out here. Then Saturday Ikea finally had my side table, so the progress on my room has taken a step forward. My room is my own little corner of the world, so I feel that if I can make it how I want it I always have some place to go. Today I helped Nicole assemble new furniture for her room & we came up with some clever dysphemisms for some of the screws and pegs and whatnot necessary for holding the furniture together. Anyway, despite some of the frustrations with my life I've been in quite the euphoric mood this weekend, perhaps it's all the coffee . . .

Raj's recent post, http://fishtones.blogspot.com/2005/01/theres-old-joke.html#comments, has me thinking about epitaphs. Freaking blogger, I looked up how to do html for links since I used to know it & feel dumb posting the whole url all the time when I should be able to just make a link & this crap will not work for the life of me. I even tested it before I wrote a whole long post so I wouldn't get all annoyed if it didn't work. The test worked and now this crap is not. Whatever, that'll teach me for trying to learn stuff. grr. Anyway, I don't really think about dying that much which is probably why I don't have an answer readily available for what I hope it might say, but part of me feels like I should know something I would want on there. Of course then the question comes do I want to have something poignant or sarcastic? Is this something anyone has considered? Feel free to suggest what my grave should say, but only if it's nice. Suggestions like, "It was about time" will only result in me taking you to Starbucks for that new chocolate thing, I hear it's gross. So don't be a jerk. Of course, cremation is always a good route & then no one has to worry about any of this. Anyway, have a great week! And don't consider your deaths too seriously. Life is good, enjoy it while you're here. :)

"It struck me, strong as anything ever has -- I'm happy today."
"And what were you before today?"
"I don't know what it was -- the way the sun struck the ocean or the sound of the waves. It was simple whatever it was."

Comments

raj said…
thanks for the shameless promotion of my blog. it's good that we've finally acknowledged the often eerie correlation in subject matter as more than conspiracy-level coincidence.

also, I believe I should've received photo credits in that last post, but hey, at least you didn't claim that you took it unlike that damn Millard North yearbook in which my photo credits were stolen but that I'm obviously not still bitter about.

in case you were wondering, the girl on the genital herpes commercial scares the hell out of me . . . both because of the herpes and because she has freaky eyes. I wouldn't be able to get herpes from her even if I wanted to 'cuz she's too scary to bump uglies with.
Ronnie said…
Did you know that there is another blog called "Reverie Express"? Also, I think you should relax with the whole html/link thing. It's okay to post the entire url. Really, it is. :o)
Anonymous said…
Attack of the Anonymous blogger again!!! haha - by now we should all know that "anonymous" is another name for "Nicole, Azina's roomie."
Anyway- Azina: Your epitaph will simply say "Hazaa!" and anyone who knew you will understand it all from that one simple word. Please don't consider cremation. It's just plan freaky to have you staring at someone from an ugly-ass urn for all eternity. And then there is the possibility of eventually being thought of as an ugly-ass urn that collected a butt-load of dust and being tossed in a rose garden one day. No one wants that.

OH, and: Nice to meet you Pieter. =)