Skip to main content

happy new year!

Who made it 2005 already? Oy, I'm feeling old. Six weeks 'til I'm 23. Why does 23 sound so much older in my head than 22 does? It's silly because my dear friend Shauna is 23 and I don't think of her as old. At least I won't until she turns 24 exactly one month after I turn 23. ;) Kidding, of course. Shauna is great, you should meet her sometime.

So this is the official first post of the new year. The first new post of the first new year since my blogging days have begun. Hopefully this will be the first of many new years to ring in here.

It seems there is much to say from my blogging absence, though I will certainly not hit all of the highlights. It snowed on Christmas Eve as I flew into Houston and actually continued to snow most of the day and into the evening. It was quite wonderful. I got to spend time with my sister and brother-in-law and their two darling girls. It was so much fun and leaving was so depressing. There's nothing better than a small child running up to you and giving you a hug or grinning like a fool just because you entered the room. That my friends is pure magic and joy. And I will miss having a little piece of it in my life everyday. If I had $200 I didn't know what to do with I would surely be back on a plane and the end of this month for my oldest niece's 2nd birthday, but no such luck. I plan to get back there soon, though. (I will now be taking donations for the Get Azina Back to Houston So She Can Spend More Time with Her Sister, the Coolest 2 Year Old on the Planet, a Really Cute Infant, and That Pretty Good Brother-In-Law Fund. For simplicity, checks can be made out to me, just put GABTHSSCSMTWHSTC2YOOTPARCIATPGBIL in the memo line so I know what the check is for.) I am way more than kidding. If you have money you don't know what to do with, find a charity. There are plenty out there, or you could adopt a child. Not physically, but in the support a child living in poverty kind of way. That's good stuff to do.

Well, that's about all I've got. I hope you all have a wonderful beginning to 2005. This should mark the return of our regularly scheduled blogging.

Comments

aziner said…
I would just like to clarify that my urging to not adopt a child physically was because as far as I know all of you who read this are single people around 20-25 and really in no position to be actually adopting any children. However, if there are those of you out there reading this who are in loving marriages and feel you want to adopt a child for whatever reason, please do not feel that I think it is a bad idea. Of course, I do not know why the opinion on a complete stranger's blog would matter to you, but I just thought it best to clarify. In no way to I condemn adoption. I think it is a wonderful thing and have considered the possibility that I may someday wish to adopt an orphan from India. Of course this is just a thought at this point as it would be something to discuss with my husband who my sister suggested yesterday may exist within 18 months, but let's not get ahead of ourselves . . .