Skip to main content

the candy is cheap now

I have to apologize that I did not compose my list of Valentine's statistics for you as promised. I am truly sorry, but in my defense I totally spaced it off so much so that I'm even wearing red right now. I never wear red on Valentine's day, I wouldn't want to give people the idea that I'm actually celebrating this holiday. If you are truly upset by the absence of the statistics, please let me know & I will write them up for you post haste.

Phil is in town right now. I hung out with him & Jon Mark on Saturday night. The guys cooked dinner & then we watched Fight Club. Yesterday Phil & I went to the Getty, checked out a new church, and then came back to my place where we talked until 5:30 am. It was a great weekend. And to top it off I got a Valentine from Shauna today, so that was awesome. :)

Here's something I wrote a few months ago at the Getty:

I'm sitting here in a place I so greatly desire to share with you
And you-
I have no idea where you are
I imagine bringing you here & showing you this place whose paths I have walked so many times
Somehow I imagine with you it would all seem brand new again
But when might you come?
Because I've been waiting here for so long
I'm afraid that I might forget all the ideas I wish to share with you
And we might sit here with nothing to say
Then would you leave again?
Would we depart as strangers?
Or would you stick around & wait to get to know me?
Would you realize that the words unspoken are more important than most?

Comments

Unknown said…
you are excellent my friend! :)