Skip to main content

a half gline of wass

For a day that had some pretty crappy highnotes, the most unfortunate of which being the fact that my sister's box never came. Tracking numbers do you bloody little good if the so-called status of your package is a big fat lie. Ah well, I shall receive it tomorrow.

Fantastic things from tonight:
- watching Napoleon Dynamite with Nicole, Jon Mark & Phil ("your mom goes to college")
- AND the return of Sherry's blog! (click here to read Galen's lament over the sudden loss of Sherry's blog to understand the joy now in her return)

The most hilhumpinglarious quote of the night award goes to Nicole. This is regarding Phil's new word, "prettyful." He was saying that if beautiful means to be full of beauty, why can't prettyful be a word meaning full of pretty?
Nicole had this to say:
"Prettyful? Prettyful of shit."

This is why you should hang out at my house, you'll have more fun than a flying monkey can shake a stick at. And make no mistake, they're pretty fierce stick shakers.

Comments

Ronnie said…
Happy Hump Weekend everybody!!!
aziner said…
I've had about enough of you and your wanton made up hump days felicitations. (shakes fist at Ronnie)
Ms. McGowan said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
aziner said…
Holy crap, Sherry, I do know Caleb Ingersoll. We had Rhetoric together. That's crazy!
Ms. McGowan said…
Hmm...weird. It's as if we were meant to be friends way before Ronnie and Pete starting treating us like crap. I accidentally typed "treating us like carp" and then changed it. Maybe they treated us like carp, too. Those nasty little fish.
Pete said…
You smell like carp.....
Galen said…
Thoughts inspired by your mention of carp:

First, a random question: how exactly do scallops swim? And since when is a little ball of sponge a fish?

Second, another random question: why do we call carpet, carpet? Do the fish have anything to do with it?
Ms. McGowan said…
No thoughts on the scallops. I do, in fact, know the origin of the word "carpet". Sir Everett Carpet was an Englishman who had an obnoxious fear of stepping on hard surfaces. In order to help him live a normal life around his home, a seamstress hooked yarn together to give him a cushy surface to walk on. I think the "carpet" should have been named after the seamstress, not the guy with the phobia. Call me a feminist. Okay, I'm lying. Did you believe me for even a little bit?
Pete said…
That was actually really impressive Sherry. I was about to add it to my random facts file even....and share my knowledge with the world!.
Ronnie said…
See what a christian education gets you? Knowledge about the origin of carpet and 30 grand in debt. Praise the Lord! Pass the ammunition.