Skip to main content

officially 23

If you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain, you would have had a grand time with us last Saturday for my birthday. Nicole, Heather, Phil, Brett, and I went out for Mexican food. Then we went ice skating. I had never been before. It was a little scary, but tons of fun. I only fell once when Nicole was pulling me too fast to get off the ice for the zamboni. Then we came back here and they surprised me with an ice cream cake. It was awesome. Pieter couldn't make it because of the terrible weather, which was too bad, but he's coming here next Saturday so that is most excellent.

Sherry, it is like we were supposed to be friends before we met those mean boys. I kid, I heart Pieter and Ronnie. Though, I think next time you find yourself in this area of the state we definitely need to hang out. And very impressive with the carpet story.

Comments

Jessica said…
happy hump day!

I was the first

YAY!
Ms. McGowan said…
Happy belated birthday, my dear! Pina Coladas...mmm...makes me wish I could have celebrated with you. Here's to celebrating you, Azina!
Galen said…
Oh, heck yea. Happy Birthday. I don't know what that means, but I have the best intentions in saying it.
Anonymous said…
I do highly enjoy pina coladas, getting caught in the rain was not by choice, but still enjoyable, and of course celebrating 23 years with my fabulous roommate made for one heck of a weekend. haha...I'm so slow, it's already a week later. Oh well. YAY Pieter is coming!!!
raj said…
for the purpose of further alienating myself from potential readers of my blog, and for firmly establishing myself as an overanalytical jerk I submit the following . . .

I gather from sherry's comment that she was not previously interested in celebrating with you until Pina Coladas entered the picture. I've looked it up on my official AA diagnosis wheel, and sherry is approximately three steps away from drinking alone and dressing up her cats, sitting in a director's chair, and yelling at the felines for missing their masking tape marks on the kitchen counter (during their production of - ironically - . . . Cats).

Furthermore, am I to understand that Nicole was celebrating your being her roommate for 23 years and that you're both bitter-divorcee spinsters who walk through the park during the day wearing sweatsuits with matching headbands and checking out "that hot ass" on "jogs with his golden lab over his lunch hour" guy?

P.S. I'm sorry for the relentless lavishing of sarcasm upon your readership, aziner. I've been away from the blogging world for too long, and now that I'm back on my game there's just no stopping me. Nor should there ever be.
aziner said…
The preceding comment does not necessarily reflect the attitudes and opinions of this blog nor that of its author. That being said, though Raj is a sarcastic dillhole he is hilarious. (He's my brother, I can say that.)

Thank you for your well wishing Sherry. Some day we shall enjoy Pina Coladas or any alcoholic beverage of our choosing and return all the heckling to Pieter that is due him. ;)

Thank you, Galen.

Thank you, Nicole for helping to make my birthday so wonderful & for creating an environment in which we could all feel like 5th grade girls again. It was a grand time. :)