Skip to main content

welcome to February

February is one of my favorite months of the year, it always has been. Before any of you get any misguided ideas, this is not at all in relation to Valentine's day. Not in some dopey, cutsey "romantic" way at least. I am excited about continuing my tradition of writing bogus Valentine's Statistics. (the link worked this time, hazaa!) This is where I make my disclaimer about not being bitter and only writing these out of amusement. Do I wish I were in a relationship with a wonderful guy? Yes. Would I give a rat's crap about Valentine's day even if I were? No. Who are the card, chocolate, and floral industries to tell us that great romance is to be reserved to one day a year? I want to have great romance on a random Tuesday night just because that's the kind of relationship I'm in, that's the kind of love we have for each other. (Currently a hypothetical situation.) Woo, I've gotten way off track. So back to reasons why February is my favorite. Of course, there is that whole birthday thing going on, though that is not the only reason. One of the biggest ones, the weather. February often has amazing weather. I had my birthday party outside one year. We're talking in the middle of winter in the midwest. It was like a gorgeous spring day! If that doesn't make February rock I don't know what does. Plus it's got that whole, how many days are in it, no one knows kind of uniqueness going on. That's pretty cool, no other month has that.

Before I get carried away with that (not because I have no other reasons why February is cool, I have tons, I just wanted to write about something else now, yeah) here are some reasons why I think my boss' husband is a ninja:
(It's important to know that my boss works out of a home office)
1. he was home the whole time I was at work today & I didn't know it until she said I didn't have to lock up when I left b/c he was there
2. he's Japanese

So it's not a lot of reasons, but I still think he is.

Hmm, there seems to be something else that I should mention, what could it be? It's almost Wednesday . . . Nope, I guess that was it. Ha! I kid, fear not I know I missed last week in an attempt to distance ourselves from the whole fiasco that I will not discuss in an effort to prevent its repetition, but of course I want to wish you a happy hump day! And what the heck, watch for flying monkeys as well. Apparently given my expertise as an Indian on the subject of monkeys, I feel it necessary to inform you that flying monkeys probably fling poo too.

Comments

Pete said…
Thanks for the monkey knowledge. Must come from your vast cultural experience with monkeys. As for your boss: him being a ninja scares me because i tend to get my ass kicked by ninjas on my x-box quite frequently. Do monkeys hump eachother on wednesdays?
Pete said…
Do ninjas hump at all? what about on valentine's day?
aziner said…
Just because my people wrote the Kama Sutra does not mean I am an expert about the humping habits of various species. That being said, I have to believe that monkeys are indescriminate humpers, especially since they likely do not know about hump day. Poor little bastards. I would also have to say that even though they are undoubtedly stealthy about it, ninjas probably do hump. After all, future generations to kick you ass have to come from somewhere. I believe they do hump on Valentine's day, but only when it doesn't fall on a hump day, they feel that would be too cliche. One or the other is acceptable. Though, some rogue ninjas have even been known to hump on Sundays.
Ronnie said…
So let me get this straight. In your blog there is discussion of humping, humpday, animals humping, valentine day humping, and now kama sutra and we aren't supposed to think of it as sexual? Give a guy a break!
raj said…
My friends, my friends, I fear that we've lost sight of true meaning of hump day. Sure, there is a certain appeal to actual humping, but the spirit of hump day is so much greater than the bump and grind. Let us all take a moment to remember that Jesus is the Reason for the . . . wait, that's probably not hump day is it? Anyway, I'm sure that we should all just take a moment of silence and somebody will remember what hump day is all about. Until then, just remember this advice: it is better to give than to receive.

By the way, Azina, my intellectual elitism is about to shine through . . . "kick you ass" . . . nice.
Ronnie said…
I think that giving and receiving could be equally beneficial.
aziner said…
I would just like to point out the established rule that after midnight grammar and spelling don't matter, especially when you can't spell check comments.

I will not comment on the merits of having and sharing and giving and receiving (props to anyone who knows where that comes from) in regards to humping. I will say that Jesus is probably a proponent of humping in a proper marital context.

Ronnie, obviously that other stuff is sexual, the animals humping and the kama sutra and whatnot, but that does not make hump day sexual. People like Pieter do. Plus, I could probably say chicken noodle soup and a guy could make it sexual, it's what you people do, so I take no responsibility for this! Um, except for bringing up the kama sutra, that was my fault, but it's not like I went into details . . .
Ronnie said…
YOU PEOPLE? What does that mean? And for your info I find nothing sexual about chicken noodle soup. Clam chowder on the other hand...
raj said…
I will give you the post-midnight error rule.

I will not, however, let you pass off your nocturnal grammatical ineptitude on the lack of a comment spell check. Your error would not have been caught by spell check because "you" is in fact a word.
aziner said…
The following message is brought to you by the emergency comment broadcast system. This is not a test, we are experiencing serious technical difficulties with comments appearing when they are posted. Should you see this message and the two previous comments posted by Ronnie you will know the emergency has been handled. Please stay tuned for further updates.
aziner said…
It appears blogger is holding Ronnie's comments hostage in some sort of power trip, but as admin of this blog I will not bow to tptb, so here in their original uncut and unedited format are the words of Ronnie.

There is no rule. It's just something girls made up to apease their over-analytical-have-to-judge-what-she-is-wearing-minds.

--
Posted by Ronnie to reverie at 2/4/2005 09:51:50 AM

Wow, that sounded really bitter. I think I need another humpday. Or perhaps a humpnite.

--
Posted by Ronnie to reverie at 2/4/2005 09:52:47 AM
aziner said…
and now I can respond

First, "you people" means you male type people who seem to have comandeered the comment section on my blog, not that I am complaining, I have been quite amused.

Raj, you are not earning any points in the favorite brother category, in fact just by not being a smartass every 5 seconds Ravi is totally kicking your ass. ;P

Ronnie, don't want details on the clam chowder thing, trying to purge that from my thoughts. Yes, we girls do make up crazy rules about random crap, it's what we do. You guys hold all the cards, all we can do to keep up is make up arbitrary rules to the game. And to reiterate, until you are married you are only allotted Wednesday as hump day, completely void of any sexual context. Once you are married you can have whatever hump days and nights you and the wife so desire, as long as you don't tell me about them.