Skip to main content

but they'll all die soon f'ing kangaroos

Repeat after me, largest democracy in the freakin' universe. Well, that's assuming they don't have democracies on Betazed, but I'm pretty sure they don't. Yep, busting out my Star Trek nerd-dom. Anyway, the place I was actually referring to is called India, you've probably heard of it, it's not from Star Trek. It is the largest democracy. It kicked England's arse out about 58 years ago. Not unlike us, only they did a better job of it. Given these similarities and the vast coolness of India, this is probably a country we should be really good friends with. But no, who did we just sell F-16s to? That'd be freakin' Pakistan, India's number one enemy, and a potentially volatile country harboring nukes. Props on that plan. Not that I don't think India and Pakistan should resolve things and that the U.S. can be friends with both countries, but all we're succeeding in doing right now is angering India & that's a craphole of a plan. Now most of you know my undying love for Bush and his administration, but I am quite displeased with this turn of events. Let's try to do better. Am I biased on the whole India thing? Certainly, but that's okay since I'm right. ;)

Comments

Galen said…
Ok I know you were completely serious, and I agree with you completely, but I have to say, thanks for the laugh. You point is serious, but your mannerisms are funny.
Ronnie said…
History shows that America plays on both sides of the field. We will team up with any country or group if it is profitable for us. How do you think Bin Laden and his boys got the training, weapons, and funds? Because we gave it to them during the Cold War to fight the Russians. Bush is just following suit.
aziner said…
Thank you, Galen. :)

Ronnie, I understand that this is how the U.S. tends to operate. And props are owed to Pakistan for their help in the war against Afghanistan, so I understand the decision. But we have a real opportunity here to patch up an almost 6 decade long dispute between two countries before it becomes any more volatile. Coutries who I might add could both be beneficial allies. Plus seeing how much this method of foreign relations has bitten us in the ass so very recently, you might think it's time to try something new.
Ronnie said…
It would be awesome if that would work, but America only plays Global Cop when it benefits our ego as the biggest Superpower. America isn't for "Peace" it's for a "Piece" of the pie. Plus I don't think Bush knows where India is located so he is afraid to go there. I heard he thinks it's in the Bermuda triangle and that there are pirates who roam it.
aziner said…
Ronnie, I don't think you understand how seriously I take this. Yes, I joke about things, but only in order to emphasize my point. And forgive me for being an idealist, but things could be done a better way & I choose to hope that it can happen. Say what you will, but America does a lot of shit that doesn't just benefit us. I recall something called World War II in which we bailed Europe's ass out. Sure we only got involved after Japan came over and fucked with us, but we could have just gone over and beat on Japan leaving Europe to fend for itself. We didn't do that. Does it benefit us that Europe isn't controlled by the Nazis, sure, but we also took a lot of loss on that venture. And by the way, it will benefit us more to be friends with both India and Pakistan than it would to choose sides with Pakistan. India is a rising global power, we depend on the brain power that comes out of that country. And honestly for things to escalate between India and Pakistan would mean all amounts of bad for everyone, seeing as they both have nuclear weapons. If the world ends there won't be any piece of the pie left to look out for.
Ronnie said…
I agree with you that it would make sense for the U.S. to be friends with both, but I guess our "leadership" doesn't agree.

As for WWII, we entered because, one, we were attacked and, two, we wanted to show our dominance as the new superpower. We were beating the Japanese badly enough that we didn't really need to drop the atomic bomb, but we did it to show the rest of the world, especially the USSR what we posessed.