Skip to main content

humpdaypalooza

Since I can guarantee that I'm having a cooler week than you are, I offer you the amazing fantastical most spectacular supercalifragilisticexpealidocious don't care how that word is really spelled sex free kind of a hump day!

Why is your week so cool, Azina? You might be wondering. And I would answer that it is because Shauna who is one of my favoritist people in the universe is in town right now. She arrived on Monday and on the way home from the airport we decided to meet Nicole for lunch in Santa Monica. On the way my lovely little car got a flat tire. Funny how seriously last week I thought to myself, "hmm I've never gotten a flat tire while driving before." Me and my stupid thoughts. Thankfully Shauna is awesome and can change a tire because I am completely worthless in that capacity. We then drove the few blocks to Panera for lunch, and discovered that the spare had gone flat. Good times. Then Panera didn't have the soup I wanted even though it was Monday and they're supposed to have my soup (chicken chili) on Mondays. (shakes fist at Panera) So after lunch we called AAA and the nice man put air in the spare and we drove to a tire place nearby where I got to buy two new tires for my car. Fun times. Okay, so that might not seem like the coolest week ever to you, that's because you do not know the coolness of Shauna. She can make even crazy crap like that not be too big of a deal. Really, you should meet her. If you can make it to LA this week I promise you the most fun ever. So, getting carried away with myself. More stuff happened yesterday, both good and craptacular the result of which is hating the northwest but I don't really care to go into details on that one. Let's just say Jon Mark needs to work on skills other than his ballet positions. Yeah I have the pictures to prove it. Shauna, Nicole, Jon Mark and I had some good dinner tonight. Cooking with friends is the most fun ever. Nicole and I upheld our new tradition of Tuesday night drunken pasta, except I actually cooked the alcohol off the sauce this time so no one actually was tipsy. It was still fun and delicious. Tomorrow should be a very exciting day in Burbank. Seeing friends and places that were in my life everyday a year ago this time. I'm quite excited. Even with the evil that is the northwest right now, this week is and shall continue to be filled with delight. (Oh and as the result of a conversation with Phil today, I don't hate Seattle that much . . . yet. Hopefully not ever. I'll keep you posted.)

Quote of the week thus far:
RE: should you have any friends that you wish to know if they are Jewish without asking, "hey are you Jewish?" here's a suggestion

"Have you ever been to a bar mitzvah? Was it yours?"
(Note: for female friends it would be "bat mitzvah")

This helpfulness has been brought to you by Shauna, the letters P, G, and the number 4.

Comments

Galen said…
Don't hate the northwest. The northwest is my friend.