Skip to main content
I wanted to post something, but I do not feel like sharing what is going on in my life right now. Simply because I am on the verge of something great and I fear that the slightest whisper could knock it off its course and I do not wish for that to happen. It is silly, I know, but I promise to share more when things are more concrete. In the meantime I will offer you words from Phil.

"but I feel lost in the void of being...
what I mean is, I guess I forget myself in my surroundings-
the people I meet and their stories, the world around me
with its flowering trees and drifting-cloud skies,
and the sun that plays tricks,
hiding and then melting at the end of each day,
shifting all the shadows behind it.
Sometimes it's relieving to forget yourself.
Thinking about where I am in the world,
I can almost feel it's curve;
I feel like a spot on the giant globe,
standing still as it revolves,
my blood moving to the subtle tides of it's magnetic fields,
pulling me out onto the road again
farther up to the cold north,
south again into the ancient trees,
east to hide alone among the mountains
or west out across the mighty ocean,
to soils and peoples I've only dreamed of.
I don't know the word for the feeling I feel,
so I have to try and describe it this way;
but it's a sort of restful, contented peace about where I am
blended with subtle but powerful urgings to move on,
in many particular directions but without order, time or reason. "

happy hump day! :)

Comments

Pete said…
Azina, I love ya and your shameless advertising. Hope it's really making you as much money as you hoped. Portland was amazing and i'll have room for you when you visit.
Galen said…
Yeah, Phil, me too.