Skip to main content

good things

Those of you who have been around for awhile might remember the old website I have, or those of you who have browsed my profile have possibly stumbled across it. (Note: If you want to see it, go to my profile, it's still in there.) Anyway, on my old site I used to do this thing called the good things/bad things list. In it I would list the good things going on in my life and the bad things, thus the ultra clever title. The last time I wrote one of those lists was upon being accepted into my LA semester, so a year and a half ago. I feel compelled to write one of those lists again, except tonight I only feel like writing a good things list. Not that there are NO bad things, but there aren't a lot & I'd have to dig deep for them, so I figure I'll let those dormant things be for now. And now the list . . .

~ being a girl (this particular one is simply something that's good for my life & hopefully the rest of the girls who read this, I just want to clarify that, being a girl is simply something that I like, not that it's somehow the highest attainable human form, though now that I think about it . . . ;) Anyway, I don't want to have any of you guys running out for a sex change operation, that's unholy & unnatural & you would freak Raj out. Ha, remember that time in youth group, Raj?)

~ how being a girl meant all the guys at UPS today clamoring to help me

~ friends

~ wireless internet - thanks for helping us out on that one, Jon Mark

~ this quote from Zach Braff, "As lonely as you ever feel, you are not alone."

~ FoxTrot, Bill Amend is a genius (click here)

~ photographs

~ Ocean candles from Pier 1

~ freesia from Bath & Body Works

~ azaleas & hydrangeas

~ little crushes

~ when you realize that someone isn't right for you, it may not sound like a good thing, but it can be a huge blessing & saves a lot of time in pining

~ that song "For You Are Good," it randomly popped into my head when I was driving today, I can't remember the last time I heard it, but I definitely turned down the radio & just sang it, it was awesome

~ singing in your car, if it makes you happy, what do you care if people see you? let them laugh, mock, point fingers, who cares? they're busy making fun of you because they aren't enjoying themselves like you are, who's the loser in that scenario? (hint: it's not you)

~ cooking for people (hopefully having the guys who helped us move over on Sunday, I'm greatly looking forward to it)

~ the Panera that is now nearest to my house is my favorite of the 3 I know in LA & that said Panera gave us free pastries the other night because we were there at closing, to clarify the nice guy working there gave us free pastries, the establishment itself did not come to life & offer us baked goods, that would be creepy

~ being ridiculous, obviously I don't assume that you think Panera came to life, it's just fun to clarify something that is either obvious or that no one would have thought anyway

~ worship at small group last night

~ natural cherry Fruit2O, it's all the goodness of black cherry koolaid without all the sugar & staining power

~ that new Got Milk? commercial where all the guys are buying all the milk . . . if you haven't seen it I won't ruin it for you, but it's quite amusing

Well, there are certainly more good things going on, but I think I will leave you with that moderately long list. Don't forget to watch for flying monkeys . . .

Comments