Skip to main content

brilliant

Two weeks from today I will be seeing my nieces! And my sister! And that brother-in-law guy! His name is Joe, he's pretty cool really. :) And then the next day or so I will be seeing the rest of my family! And the day after that getting a haircut! And going to the dentist! Wait, wait that doesn't get an exclamation point. He's a nice guy & all, but it's not like I'm a big fan of going there. But my mom's paying for it & seeing how I don't have insurance I guess I can't be complaining about free dentistry. The haircut thing however is very exciting for me, I love getting haircuts, especially when they're funded by my mom. :)

So here's some dialogue from one of the greatest shows on television. Props to whoever knows where this is from, either because you know this scene or because you know me well enough to guess. :)

"You're just scared. Just like everybody else when they're taking on something big."
"Well, then what does everybody else do to get through this feeling?"
"They run in the back, throw up, pass out and then smack their head on the floor."
"What?"
"That's what I did on the first morning I opened the diner. Look, there is no button to push to get you through this. You just gotta jump in and be scared and stick with it until it gets fun."
"How long 'til the diner got fun?"
"About a year."
"Wow. And there's no button?"
"Nope."
"How about a lever, can I pull a lever?"
"Nope."
"Turn a knob?"
"Nope."
"You just jump?"
"You just jump."
"I wanna do it."

Like Garden State, you can't wonder why this show so resonates with me. Oh, and as a hint, it's not Scrubs, so don't equate my love for this show with some sort of obsession with Zach Braff that people assume I have even though I really don't. ;) This show has nothing to do with him. Hope everyone's hump day is going well! And don't be afraid to jump . . . into something new, not off the roof or bridge or anything. I won't be responsible for any literal jumping that is not accompanied by some type of cord or parachute device. Oh, and just in case you were wondering, they don't really make any safety devices for the figurative kind of jumping, you just gotta go for it.

Comments