Skip to main content

quid in urna est parva puella?

Ahh, life is fun. It's beautifully warm/hot here so we pretty much spent the weekend outside. Yesterday afternoon we went to a park where there were tons of squirrels! And we had a picnic. It was fun except Merlin decided he was too cool to go with us, whatever that's about. ;) Today Nicole & I wanted to go to this lake that's near our house, but all the parking was taken up by people attending this Israeli festival, which ended up being okay because then Shannon invited us over to hang out as his apartment & pool. Merlin decided he wasn't too cool for that. Then we went to church. At church we met a new friend! It was very exciting. She lives near us, which makes it even better. And after church we went back to Shannon's house for ice cream. And then on the way home Nicole bought us Burger King dinner which we enjoyed while watching Sunday night tv. What a great night!

On the job front, I am working on step 2 of applying for a personal assistant position. In addition to being entertainment related, this job would entail running errands including but not limited to grocery shopping. Those of you who know me well know how much I enjoy going to the grocery store. It's one of my quirks, most people think I'm crazy for it, but I love it. And to be able to do that as part of my job would be marvelous, so please pray that God would allow me to walk through this door. This job is exactly what I have been looking for, so I'm really hoping for things to work out here.

Oh, and just in case you were wondering, rana in urna est. Yes, I will explain. I took Latin in high school. A line from one of the first things we ever translated in first year Latin popped into my head today (the title of this entry). It means, "What is in the water jar little girl?" The answer being, "a frog is in the water jar." I know, it's random and strange, but you wouldn't be here if you didn't enjoy that. :)

Comments

Unknown said…
Yay for such a great day! :)