Skip to main content

there's such a lot of world to see

For the first time in well awhile, there is a new feature on this blog . . . links! On the right hand side you will now see links to sites that I deem worthy of visiting. If by some fluke of an oversight I have left off some site that should be linked here, feel free to point that out to me. I'm pretty sure for now that I have it covered.

"Reflections on the Secret of Happiness"
It is smelling flowers in the spring and remembering what they smell like in the winter.
- Denise, age 11, in "Children on Happiness"

I love the beauty and the truth that is often found in the words of children. It's quite remarkable.

So I am somewhat sad to realize that I only have one weekend left in LA in May. After this weekend I will be on a women's retreat with church and then I will be in Omaha until the first week of June. It's pretty crazy. I am so looking forward to spending time with my family and I am looking forward to the women's retreat, but I will be sad not to be able to spend time with my dearest roommate and our new friends. When people have been asking me where I'm going, I haven't been telling them I'm going "home." That's kind of weird for me. I have said before that Omaha will always be home, and in some ways it will be, that place is a part of me. But LA is home now in a different way and is also becoming a part of me. It's quite strange this business of growing up and moving on. I hope that in some small way at least I always have a touch of childlike wonder. I want to be amazed by the simple things, a gentle breeze, squirrels, the laughter of a friend, flowers, blog comments . . . Actually squirrels and blog comments are not always simple things. You rarely see squirrels in LA, and even given this fact there was practically no end to the fun Nicole made of me when we were apartment hunting and I saw a squirrel run across the street prompting me to proclaim, "There's a squirrel!" It was quite exciting. She thought I had never seen one before from my reaction. Ah, good times, thank goodness they are behind us. :) Blog comments have also been rare creatures of late, not that I am in some way soliciting more, though it could earn you points with me, that's something definitely worth further consideration on your part, but until the delightful comments from Nicole & Sherry tonight, it had been an entire month since anyone else's thoughts had graced this site. That is quite sad. Ah well, I shall nonetheless enjoy the advent of comments here regardless of how frequent or infrequent they may be. Anyway, don't forget to delight in the little things, they make life a whole lot more fun.

Speaking of fun . . . happy hump day! Don't take it like that, etc., etc., etc. Much love to everyone who stops by here. :)

(Be sure to check out Nicole's blog over there to the right, it's new and awesome!)

Comments