Skip to main content

back from Orlando and Helsinki

(or Omaha and Houston for those of you who actually knew where I was)

So, I must offer my sincerest apology to Galen as I promised him that I would post something last night, and I obviously never did. I am sorry. I will try not to make promises that I am unable to fulfill. For those of you who do not yet know, the deadline has been set for the end of August. Though, as I said I have no intention of leaving LA, so as far as I'm concerned this is really just an arbitrary date that will hopefully have no meaning in my life. I was talking to Galen about it yesterday and telling him that I was not really worried about it yet. I told him it was as much a case of delusional optimism as anything. But then I get this email from my sister this morning and perhaps this section she sent me from "My Utmost For His Highest" describes it better:

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10
Tenacity is more than endurance, it is endurance combined with the absolute certainty that what we are looking for is going to transpire. Tenacity is more than hanging on, which may be but the weakness of being too afraid to fall off. Tenacity is the supreme effort of a man refusing to believe that his hero is going to be conquered. The greatest fear a man has is not that he will be damned, but that Jesus Christ will be worsted, that the things He stood for -- love and justice and forgiveness and kindness among men -- will not win out in the end; the things He stands for look like will-o'-the-wisps. Then comes the call to spiritual tenacity, not to hang on and do nothing, but to work deliberately on the certainty that God is not going to be worsted.
If our hopes are being disappointed just now, it means that they are being purified. There is nothing noble the human mind has every hoped for or dreamed of that will not be fulfilled. One of the greatest strains in life is the strain of waiting for God. "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience."
Remain spiritually tenacious.

I think that is true of me. I hope it is. I do believe that what I am looking for will transpire. In my career as much as in anything else I want. That's why you'll more often hear me say, when I do this or that as opposed to if this or that happens in my life. Anyway, it is now my goal to make this ever more true about myself. I think tenacious is a much better way to look at it than delusionally optimistic.

Onto other matters. The other day on the way to pick up Shannon from the airport, I saw some guy totally get his Garden State on. You might be thinking, wha? ("t" intentionally left off, I always spell check this business) Anyway, I was sitting at a stop light waiting to turn left and on the righthand corner was a gas station. This guy in a white early 90s SUV starts to drive off except the pump is still in his gas tank. He most definitely broke the hose. It was hilarious. One of those moments when you sit there and watch something transpire and you can't believe that you actually got to witness that moment. Anyway, for those of you who aren't avid fans of Garden State, well first of all I don't know what you're still doing here, but I'm referring to the scene near the beginning of the film when Large arrives at work only to discover the handle of the gas pump is still sticking out of his car. Priceless moment.

Last night was fun. No small group, which is sad, but Shannon and Jeremy came over so that was a good time. Merlin was supposed to come over too & he never did, nor did he call to say he was unavoidably detained, so he's completely fired. Anyway, Shannon made dinner for us on $7 worth of groceries, which is quite impressive for a meal that did not include ramen or macaroni & cheese. So props to him. There was also guitar playing and singing and dancing going on, it was quite a good time.

So, anyone want to lend me $850 to get this puppy?



I'm kidding, but isn't she so cute? She's smiling. :) Someday I will have a puppy like that and I will name her Josie. That's been my plan for awhile, but I think I'll wait until I have a house. I would want her to have a yard to play in. For now, I'm happy where I am sans pets.

Be sure to check out Ronnie's Blog he has returned to us from the world of MySpace. Hazaa! I'll add his blog to the links section soon, I just don't feel like messing with it right now.

For all of you Lois & Clark fans out there, particularly those of you who know what a FoLC is, the first season is out on dvd. More hazaa!

Have a happy weekend everyone! I will, Shauna will be here! Triple hazaa!

Sorry for the minor absence, hope this post full of wonder and merriment makes up for it. ;)

Comments

Pete said…
Even after all that drama that i was fortunate enough to witness, revolving around the last puppy i heard you talk about, you'd still want one?
aziner said…
lol, yes but if you recall, I didn't want that stupid dog and this is a cute puppy and I would make sure that Nicole actually wanted it too. Plus, like I said I would most likely wait until I have a house which is a long way off, so all that drama will be so far behind us by then. Though, there is of course the possibility that I'll never get a dog and instead get a bunny, or maybe I'll get both and a Chinchilla. I already have a name picked out for a Chinchilla too.
raj said…
You might not even be allowed to have pets according to your lease. Ask Natalie (http://www.nataliedee.com/061005/no-pets.jpg).

Sorry, I just thought the link was freaking hilarious.