Skip to main content

I want a tootsie pop

What a strange thing, I suddenly realized that I could really go for a tootsie pop right now. I can't even tell you the last time I had one. Crazy. What a marvelous weekend this was. Shauna is in town, sorta. We picked her up from the airport last night and hung out today, but now she is in Azusa for the week. I finally got to see Merlin this morning at church, but then we were gonna try to hang out tonight & that never happened which is quite sad. I did get to talk to Galen tonight, though which was nice.

I have a job interview Monday afternoon. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because every time I think, "This is it. Finally something is going to happen," it all seems to come crashing down. I'll let you know how it goes. If all else fails, I am back on schedule for jury duty this week. What joy! Ah well, at least it would be some income if I get put on a trial . . .

Hmm, realizing that I feel kinda ill right now probably as a result of having too little water today. Must fix that tomorrow. For now I think I will just sleep.

Comments

raj said…
Good luck on your interview. Remember the basic tips that we went over for successful interviewing skills:
- Ask upfront if there is a place for you to store your monkey's kennel or if it's alright if he just climbs around the place.
- Don't convey any hint of weakness. If they start asking you questions, ask tougher questions back.
interviewer: "Why do you want to work here?"
you: "Are you part of an al-Qaeda sleeper cell?"
- Let them know that you are more important than they are and that they would be privileged to have you work at all, let alone work there. Answer your cell phone during the interview and speak as though it's Spielberg or Soderbergh on the phone and they won't stop hounding you. "Steven, for the last time you're a nice guy and a great director but your $20 million dollar deal is insulting and until you come up with something better, see if Tarantino or some other wank will accept your pocket change."

You'll do great. Ask back for Jury Duty selection tips if you need a refresher course.