Skip to main content

and now for something a little different

You may notice a change or two here. It's been over a year since I changed the template for my blog. I think I like this one better, it feels more me.

So, last night was completely fantastic. Nicole & I just ended up having a little girls' night. Quick trip to Target, some Chinese take out from the happy Chinese place with the happy Chinese man, a little alcohol, some Gilmore Girls, and a lot of great conversation. It was one of those nights where you don't plan anything and everything just works out so well, better than it ever could have if you did plan it. We talked about life, love, and Jesus. It was all kinds of marvelous.

Here's something that's sort of been a recurring theme this week and I want some more opinions on it. There seems to be this pattern with guys when they start dating someone they just completely drop out, at least as far as their friendships with other girls. Why is that? If we're "just friends" then what difference does it make? They don't seem to change around their guy friends, at least not nearly as much. I don't get how if we were friends before you started dating and nothing ever happened between us why suddenly when you do start dating it changes things. It's not like something's going to suddenly happen. Most girls, decent girls, aren't going to go after a guy who is with someone, especially if he's a friend. And I understand that you shouldn't be closer to any other girl than you are with your girlfriend, but that doesn't mean you can't be friends with girls at all. Does it? I should think not. I have a guy friend I've known my whole life and on numerous occasions he's told me he thinks of me like a sister, but even he did the same thing to me. And it's not like he dropped out with his "real" sister, so why the difference? This is quite a frustration to me. Any insight on this one would be quite appreciated. I was given the "girls are jealous" argument the other day, but I think that's just a cop out. If your girl is so jealous that you can't be friends with the people you've been friends with, then you've got a problem. Maybe I'm just an idealist, but I don't believe things should have to change that much.

Comments