Skip to main content

missed you

I fell asleep on the couch
the Chinese food sat out
got cold and stale
candles burned all night long
still you never called
you never showed
the phone rang this morning
it wasn't you
I knew you wouldn't be there
still I hoped
last night it wasn't about me
it was about you and for you
I wanted you to have a good night
even if just for a few minutes
to have a break
and commune with friends
I wanted you to experience
the happy Chinese delivery man
everything is better when he comes to your door
bringing delicious food
and more importantly overflowing joy
but you weren't here
I couldn't ease the stress of your week
offer you a brief respite
from all the things that call your attention
it was all I had hoped to do
there's no way you could know that
because you didn't make it

maybe next time . . .

Comments

In awe of You said…
Who could that have been about? I wish i was missed when the chinese man came...
raj said…
sometimes I wish I was a happy chinese man.