Skip to main content

our eternal hope

Several months ago I read this phrase, "ask specifically, receive specifically." It was in the pages of a friend's journal. He had given it to me in hopes of encouraging me by offering me a glimpse into what God had done in his life since he moved to LA. Let me tell you, God has done some amazing things for this friend and I was encouraged. So I thought perhaps there is something to this. As you know I am faced with a deadline for finding a job as my parents can no longer be my sole support. I understand this and don't wish to continue to burden them financially. Of course that places a great deal of pressure on me. I gave myself the deadline of July 15th (last Friday) for finding a film job. After that date I was to search for anything, restaurants, retail, whatever it took to stay in LA. I have been praying fervently for God to open the right door by July 15th. As you know I got a call for an interview last Wednesday for a position that I was to hear back from on Friday making it the 15th. I thought, wow this is it, it might actually happen. It was not a good interview, I had no desire to work for this company after the brief meeting. I felt discouraged & disillusioned. Later in the day I realized that I did not come out here for me, I came out here for God and maybe he had a purpose for me at this office other than helping to produce crappy films. Friday afternoon approached and I hadn't heard anything from this office. 3 pm arrives and I get a call from a different job. The guy wanted to meet with me that afternoon. Words of Galen echoed in my mind, "perhaps he's being himself, a God of the 11th hour. he does always come through, just sometimes it's at the last possible moment." I left for the interview full of that hope. We sat at a cafe and talked for half an hour. He said that he would like to hire me on a trial basis and that if things go well there is the possibility that he will hire me full time. He made it abundantly clear that there is no guarantee he will hire me. So I've got my work cut out for me, but I think I'm up to the challenge and I know that God is. I start tomorrow. Those of you whom I should have called with this news, I apologize that I did not. I felt this story was better communicated in writing. I hope you can understand. To those who have been praying, I am quite grateful and would appreciate your continued prayers. The next week and a half will quite possibly be the most important time I've had since moving to LA.

The rest of this weekend has also been quite fantastic. Yesterday was a full day starting off in the morning at the Farmer's Market in Santa Monica and ending with lots of cleaning and a great roommate dinner and some party planning. It was delightful. Our house feels more homey now. And we've got some fun ideas jotted down for parties in the upcoming months. You should come, it'll be great. :)

Church today was also wonderful. The first song was a song that I have been waking up with in my head quite frequently so that made my day. And though I admittedly started spacing off a bit during the sermon, my attention returned in full when he started talking about the inner dialogue that can go on when you start a new job. I kid you not, which was great because I was feeling a little anxiety this morning when I started to think about tomorrow. He said you can either say to yourself that it's going to be hard and you'll probably fail and maybe even be fired by the end of the first day. Or you can say to yourself that it's going to be awkward the first couple of weeks as you learn what you're supposed to be doing but after a little while that will wear off and you'll be fine because ultimately it is God who put you there and he's not going to fail. Wow how perfect it was to hear that. I am in awe right now. :)

Comments

In awe of You said…
Praise the Lord.. isn't he cool like that? Talk about an inspiration to my faith...thats what you are... and heck.. i even bought a new journal today.. so i could write what hes done for me in it...thanks friend.. you rock.
Unknown said…
Yay aziner!! :) much joy i feel and prayers are still coming!!
Ms. McGowan said…
Very cool. Sounds like an exciting prospect.

We like the Farmer's Market in Santa Monica. Definitely one of the highlights of L.A...Farmer's Market L.A. style. I had friends over for dinner the other night and I thought of you:)

Your hope and faith are inspiring.
aziner said…
Thanks, friends. :) I love you guys!

Sherry, how frequently I find myself thinking how delightful it would be to hang out with you. I hope that can happen in the not so distant future. Thanks for thinking of me the other night. :) I hope I can be inspiring, it has only come through a lot of pain and wrestling with God, but the beauty of it all is that it does come. I will continue to pray for you and to look forward to the day that we can meet and harrass Pieter together as that will be ever so much fun. ;) I hope you have a great hump day!