Skip to main content

I fear that hope might die

I wrote those words several months ago. At the time I think I believed them. Now in relation to a similar event in a slightly different context, I'm sure that I don't believe those words. Regardless of the events that we wake up to on Monday morning that take us by complete surprise, I don't believe hope can ever really be gone. It may be severely injured and suffering from amnesia in an infirmary. But in time I think it remembers itself and rejuvinates itself in our lives and in turn it reawakens us to the marvelous possibilities that surround us. God keeps telling me to wait and wait and wait when it comes to the deepest desire of my heart. The one thing I have wanted my whole life. It's hard and frustrating, but somehow I still have hope.

Comments