Skip to main content

I love life

Wow, I'm just sitting here and realizing how much I love life. It's one of those moments where it sort of just hits you, and not that I didn't love life before this - it has it's good and bad moments, but just now I had this swelling emotion of love and contentedness. I love when that happens. :)
"It struck me, strong as anything ever has -- I'm happy today."
"And what were you before today?"
"I don't know what it was -- the way the sun struck the ocean or the sound of the waves. It was simple whatever it was."
- Life as a House

The delightful aroma of Howe's coffee fills the house. It will not be brewed til morning, but the beans have been ground and sit awaiting to bring much excitement in the morning. I would just like to point out that Nicole has ruined me with Howe's coffee as it is the best coffee in the world, but you can only get it in PA, or from Nicole when her wonderful mom sends it. It has been quite awhile since we've had Howe's in this house so this is quite a joyous occasion. :)

So I'm wondering how I did not know til tonight that Zach Braff was nominated for an Emmy. Considering my love for Zach Braff this is something one would think I would have been aware of. And just to point out, I enjoy Zach Braff as an artist, I think he's a great writer, director, and actor and he makes me laugh, but I'm not some crazed fan who dreams of marrying him or anything. I just feel it necessary to clarify these things because I think there is some strange stigma put on being a "fan" that says if you like someone it means you want to meet him and get his autograph and expect that in the .2 seconds that you talk to him in the midst of a thousand other screaming fans you think you will be so charming as to sweep him off his feet and will marry him and live happily ever after in a mansion in Hollywood. I know nothing about this guy other than his work, so it would be crazy to think that. I just wanted to point that out because everyone seems obsessed about meeting famous people and all that crap and it gets a little overwhelming sometimes. Anyway, given the chance to work with him I'm pretty sure I would jump at it, but that's pretty much the extent of it. I've gotten way sidetracked here. The point was, I like Zach Braff and think it would be great for him to win.

The song of the week seems to be working now, let's hope it stays that way. As Galen knows more about bandwidth and all that fun stuff he helped me figure out that I should be able to do two songs a week, so be looking forward to that starting next week. I've had about enough messing with html for one week. Plus this way I'll have time to see if the server will actually be stable. I'm hoping today was just an unfortunate fluke.

My toenails are painted red right now. I like that, it's fun. You know what else is fun? Quiken. It's my new favorite thing. Who thought that making a budget and keeping good track of finances could be so fun? Possibly what makes it fun is actually having finances to keep track of, but regardless I'm enjoying my efforts at being responsible with it and I gotta say I think I'm pretty good at it. :)

Well I've hopped about topics and forgotten half of the stuff I wanted to say, so I think I'm done. Happy hump day everyone! And of course don't take it like that.

Comments

aziner said…
Well yes but you are of course the one exception. ;) Though, I think you can do much better than Matthew McConaughey. Plus if he whisks you off to Texas I'll have to kill him so the marriage wouldn't work out too well anyway. Kidding, of course, I don't secretly harbor violent tendencies.
aziner said…
If that question was about Zach Braff, he is on Scrubs, you should definitely watch it because it's one of the best shows on tv. This is my area of expertise, so you can be assured that I would not lead you astray. If you were asking about Matthew, he is from such fine films as Sahara and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days . . . Actually he has done some good films like U-571 and Angels in the Outfield, those I'm being serious about, I quite like them.

And I'm sure Natalie Portman must realize somewhere in her subconscious that she's in love with you. ;)
In awe of You said…
Ok... so this coffee thing has gone to your guys heads... I got the wonderful occasion when visiting my folks this week to have dunkin doughnuts coffee almost every morning. . Here is the thing with DD.. its a working mans coffee. A) because its cheap, B) because it smells like no other C) all of their sizes make sense.. a small is a small and not a tall, and a medium is a medium and not a grande. now don't go and start talking to me about what they mean in italian... but yes i have to say Dunkins is the best coffee and we need more of them out here, actually just one would be nice.. anyone feel like going in on a franchise with me?

So since we are on the topic of famous actors and actresses... I actually have had the chance to meet one of Mr. McConaugheys co stars... miss Kate Hudson, got to see her on the Black crowes dates. And though it was in my best intentions to go and whisk her off her feet (along with Rider her son) and run off to a far away land and make beautiful babies together, I had to refrain because of the man singing on stage.. he kind of called the shots.

So if I was to actually whisk someone off ..it would have to be Rachel Mcadams, cause well she is just so adoreable. And I know she will love Naked Bongo night...

wait can you even play the Bongos?
aziner said…
Whoa whoa whoa. Whoa. Howe's coffee totally trumps any donut shop coffee, especially seeing as I am not a "working man" I'm really not interested in any type of working man's coffee. To quote Lorelai, Howe's coffee is like "a crunch and a zing and a hm hm hm hm, hello!" SO GOOD, without the crunch part of course (she was talking about cake), that would be weird. And zing in a good way, like woo! I just drank the best coffee in the world, not holy crap what did I just drink? And Howe's coffee doesn't come in weird sizes it comes in the whatever mug you pull out of the cupboard size. Though, I would like to point out that I enjoy Starbuck's sizes, they're fun even though I'm pretty sure they keep shrinking. (shakes fist at Starbucks)

Dude, we so do not endorse the imagined whisking away of married chicks and all the rest of that stuff that followed. And how did this post go so wrong? Was I not talking about the opposite of all of this?

I don't think proficiency of bongo playing is a requirement of naked bongo night, but since Nicole came up with it you'd probably have to ask her for specifics.
Galen said…
Coffee is good when it crunches. Haven't you ever put coffee on your ice cream? It's the only way to drink it.
Unknown said…
i would have to agree about DD Coffee, there is quite a fond place in my heart for that coffee... i would like to try this Howe's coffee too but really nothing compares with they way Dunkin Donuts does coffee

BTW i am sure someone famous wants to whisk me away too, i am just not sure who it is yet :)
Galen said…
I think, maybe, that Starbucks is not the only coffee shop which so preppily calls a medium "Grande". In fact... Dunkin Donuts may be the only coffee store that hasn't figured it out yet. I'm from Seattle, and we have a few coffee shops, and they all say grande... except for one that makes you say "16oz" which is really annoying and not nearly as preppy.

Umm... tbtcckmm
In awe of You said…
A note to all.... apparently my posts take things a little too far and gross people out. So in the future I will put all of my posts through the moderator before posting, and then when approved will post. Once approved and hopefully not tainted, you will all be able to read my thoughts and opinions. Or maybe i won't even offer my thoughts.. havn't decided yet... but in the meantime..


Nicole: Eww.. all you want.. but i wasn't the one who brought it up.. and weren't you the one who came up with naked bongo night?

Bongos aren't that hard to play.. but you do have to have rythem.. it can't just be a bunch of people making banging noises on bongos...thats just chaos... and naked chaos...probably not a good idea.

Galen: Thank you for responding to my post in a nice yet effective way . Good point on the dunkins part needing to get on the ball. I guess it all comes down to where you grew up. Hence i grew up on the east coast with dunkin doughnuts.. I need to visit seatle sometime, it sounds like fun. I even hear they throw fish
Galen said…
Jon: Yes they throw fish. And drink coffee. And it does rain. But there's a lot more past the stereotypes. It would do you well to experience it.

You smell like a pckcbkp rose.
aziner said…
Since you didn't specify, I'm going to assume that smelling like a pckcbkp rose is like smelling better than any other rose on the planet. ;) In which case you are tkeosb, the superlative of wonderful. I hope you have a blessed weekend.

I want to experience Seattle, stereotypes and all. Umm except maybe the fish part. Blech.

Sorry friends that it's been awhile since I've posted, I will soon. At the very least you can expect a posting about the new song that will go up Monday. Though, I do plan to post something before that too.