Skip to main content

song of the week

***As of 4:42 pm Pacific Daylight Time on Tuesday August 30th when I am writing this addition, the link appears to be working, having been tested by myself, Raj and Galen. Thanks guys. Of course, Ronnie was kind enough to check it for me last night, so there's really no telling. Hopefully it will continue to work.***

**I apologize for the trouble with the link, apparently the server is down as I can't access it either, nor can I log in to try and address the problem. Should this problem persist I will try to find a new server, but right now I'm hoping it just magically fixes itself. I will keep you updated. In the meantime you should go here and enjoy a little love from Cary Brothers. You will find the songs from the All the Rage EP in addition to new music from the upcoming Waiting For Your Letter EP. It's all very good stuff kids. And then you can go here to see if he'll be coming to a town near you on the Hotel Cafe tour.**

So what started out as something I was just messing around with tonight turned into this whole project that took up the whole evening, but hopefully it will be worth it. I have created a song of the week. I know, you're completely surprised given the title of this post. ;) Obviously the goal will be to post a new song once a week. I think I will try to continue this trend on Mondays as people often dread Monday. Perhaps this will give you a little something to look forward to, unless of course you hate the songs I pick in which case your Monday will probably only get worse for which I apologize. Also, we will need to be careful not to exceed the bandwidth. I think we should be fine, but if you like a song so much that you feel inclined to listen to it a hundred times a day we probably will run into trouble, so just be careful. I am open to song suggestions and critiques. I will add the site to the links section in the next couple of days and I will post reminders on Mondays to let you know the song has changed. I hope you enjoy!

Comments

Unknown said…
it doesn't work for me either :(
aziner said…
Sorry friends, I will try to fix it tonight if the problem doesn't rectify itself.

Thanks for the confidence Steve, though you have me wondering something. Why in the world were you up so freakin' early?? I realize you're in central time so it was really 6:48 and not 4:48 but either way those are not pretty hours of the day . . .
aziner said…
Steve~
Ah, see that's part of your problem, responsible eating habits. Skipping breakfast adds an approximate 5-15 minutes to your sleeping time, it's definitely worth it. ;) Actually, I take breakfast to work and by that I mean a handful of dry cereal or a yogurt smoothie when I actually have them on hand. Anyway, the point, what is it that you do?
aziner said…
Steve, I look forward to reading the post about your job, sounds impressive quotes and all. I'm glad to hear that the snooze button sometimes takes precedence over breakfast, if you were one of those crazy get up on time every morning always have a sensible breakfast and never hit the snooze button type of chaps I'm not sure that we could be friends. ;P I'm glad to hear that you were digging the Cary Brothers action. Though the fact that you have never heard his music brings up quite a sad question, does this mean you've never seen Garden State? Most people who have heard of him know of his music from the Garden State soundtrack, like myself. I'm sorry he's not coming to the midwest, that is a terrible oversight, though he plays in LA all the time so if you should find yourself out this direction you should be able to catch a show. Though, I have yet to get myself to one, something always conflicts . . .

Ah, Nicole how you amuse me. The great thing about the word rectify is that it is a smart word, but it is also quite giggle worthy. ;)

"Rory, the penal system isn't something we enjoy. It's something with a name that makes us giggle." ;) (Only two more weeks til the Gilmore Girls season premiere, time for a little dance of joy. :) Ah how wonderful when the little things bring so much delight.)
In awe of You said…
you said penal system... and rectify...oh man.. giggles all around, just no snorting and making derogitory attacks at the wonderfully created God given wonder.