Skip to main content

The Un-Valentine's Day

I've decided that today is the Un-Valentine's day as it is in the opposite part of the year from regular Valentine's day. I don't want you to get the wrong idea & go about spreading hate or breaking people's hearts or sending dead flowers. I am in no way endorsing such behavior. Rather, I think today should be a day focused on telling your non-significant others you love them. The people who actually hold great significance in your life but will always take a backseat (often not by choice) to your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse. Sure, some people do that on Valentine's day, but we all know ultimately Valentine's day is not about that. So I am declaring this new holiday, dedicated solely to that. Happy Un-Valentine's day everyone! Let a friend know you love him/her. It'll make their day. Consider this my way of saying I love you. I know writing it in a blog is sort of a cheap way to do it, but give me a break I just created a whole holiday for you. What else do you want from me? Next year I'll send cards. Seriously, though, I do love you guys - my friends, the friends of friends who wander over, the amiable passerby, and though I consider you friends I don't want you to think I forgot you Amber & Raj (& Ravi if you ever actually read this, but I'm pretty sure that's against your religion or something). I love you all. I hope you know that. Thanks for being here, at the good ol' blog but also in the world. You make it a happier place. :)

Comments

Unknown said…
i love you Aziner!!!!
raj said…
not cool - not cool at all. dillholes.

you're not a dillhole aziner. I heart you too.
aziner said…
No worries, I just deleted the hell out of those dillholes. Two in one post! Ri-damn-diculous.

Anyway, thanks lovely people, I heart you both! :)
Pete said…
what did the dillholes say? I love you too Azina..
Unknown said…
yeah, and who were they, cause i wanna beat them up!
aziner said…
The dillholes were trying to advertise random crap on my site. Obviously we don't stand for that kind of collywobble here. Ha, collywobble is a funny word I read yesterday.

Shauna I would love for you to beat them up!

Thanks, Pieter. I luvya, but only if you're still coming to the party on Saturday . . . Okay, I love you anyway but I do hope we will be seeing you in a couple days. :)