Skip to main content

"you sing a sad song just to turn it around"

For all intents and purposes today was a great day. I got a lot done at work. I got a raise. I got to see my roommate. We had In n Out for dinner and we went to Target. We even watched an episode of "The Office." So why am I in such a blah mood now? Possibly I just need to sleep, but I'm sick of dreaming or rather waking up from dreams that are too far from reality, so I'm trying to wait until I'm good and tired.

I'm really sad that I will be the only one in my family not in Omaha this September. People who are not me will get to see my nieces and sister and I don't. That sucks. Okay, my brother-in-law won't be there, but they're his kids and wife so he gets to see them all the time.

My family really needs to get on this whole visiting LA concept. So far none of them have been out here for the sole purpose of seeing me, that's pretty gay. Of course, no one ever went to visit my sister until she had children, but since that's not happening any time soon here, I hope they don't do that with me. That would be further gaiety.

After a conversation with a fantastical friend about opera today I decided to look up some information about the opera scene in LA and I found out that Madame Butterfly is being performed here next Jan.-Feb. I really want to go. Anyone want to go with me?

I bought strawberry milk today. I'm having some now. Somehow it makes the world look a little more rosy. ;) And the tryptophan will help me sleep, so can't go wrong there.

Well you need a blue sky holiday
The point is they laugh at what you say
And I don't need no carryin' on

Comments

Anonymous said…
perhaps your interest in opera and such things is why your family doesn't visit.
aziner said…
lol, you're such a turd. It's not like I would make you go to the opera or even listen to opera, so that's a pretty flimsy excuse to which I would like to say if you visit me in November you can go see Death Cab . . .