Skip to main content

give someone a hug

I heard from our production coordinator today. This was important to me seeing as the last I knew she was in New Orleans. I have only spoken on the phone with her a few times coordinating things between our office and the production office of which she is in charge, but she is lovely to deal with and I was deeply concerned for her well-being. I am quite glad to hear that she is safe.

It hurts my heart when I know people are suffering. I mean, I know people suffer every day, but sometimes like now that suffering is more obvious, we cannot go about our daily lives without seeing evidence of it. I just want to give a hug to everyone who is broken right now. I know it won't fill their stomachs or quench their thirst, it won't rebuild their homes, but maybe just maybe it will make them feel better for just a moment. Or maybe not, but still I hope someone hugs them.

I'm tired and I wish we still had small group on Wednesdays. I'm going to watch the rest of the episode of Gilmore Girls that's on, throw my laundry in the dryer and go to sleep in my comfy bed. Goodnight all. I hope your hump days were delightful and gutter free.

Comments