Skip to main content

iPod nano

Yesterday Apple introduced the iPod nano. It's cute and tiny and is available in black, something previously unseen in the iPod world with the exception of the special edition U2 iPod, which is still available. Now, it is important to note that I am not any sort of avid Apple fan that I am always aware of what sort of products they are rolling out. In fact, the only time I usually am aware of such things is when my friend Nick who is an avid Apple fan happens to alert me to the information in an attempt to convert me to the belief that Apple is superior to all. I have been friends with him for 7 years and it has yet to take effect, save for the fact that I admit Macs are better editing platforms than PCs. Anyway, I was only aware of these new baby iPods because I read about them in Variety. While I do enjoy cute and tiny technology I do have to wonder, is it too small (1.6 x 3.5 x 0.27 inches, 1.5 ounces)? Original flavor iPods are not overwhelmingly large (2.4 x 4.1 x .63 inches, 5.9 ounces), and much more transportable than cd players at any rate. And the smallest capacity iPod (20 GB) holds 5 times more songs than the largest capacity nano (4 GB) for only $50 more. Though, the smallest capacity nano (2 GB) holds up to 500 songs, and even if we estimate that each song is only 2 minutes, which we all know to be a ridiculously low estimate, that's over 16 hours of music. Is that not sufficient? And that's $100 cheaper than the smallest regular iPod, which is quite a difference. So perhaps the nano is worthwhile. Plus it comes in black, which I like much better than the sterile and unimaginative Apple white.

Comments

NotCarrie said…
I like that its black...but I love my 40GB!
aziner said…
notcarrie, do you actually use all 40GB? That's a lot of music. As it is I have over 200 hours of music on my computer and that's only 13GB.

nicole, but it comes in black! it's okay that you don't care even though it comes in black. I'm not all into iPods seeing as I don't have one and have a greater chance of being given one by a reclusive gnome from Indonesia than purchasing one on any sort of short timeline, but still I like the idea of them. And I agree with you about the iTunes phone. Though if it were manufactured by Samsung and sold by Sprint and backed by a really cool band I might care a bit more. ;)