Skip to main content

guess what!

The songs that were supposed to be up 3 weeks ago are now there for your listening pleasure.

from the post dated October 6, 2005:

stay the course

The songs are from the choir that I was in growing up. The first song has particular meaning to me. My freshman year of high school my elementary music teacher unexpectedly passed away. My choir director was commissioned by my elementary school to compose this song in her memory. When we first started learning this song in choir I couldn't sing it, I was literally bawling before we even finished running through the song. To this day the song is very emotional for me. Mrs. Hanson was the first person to really encourage me to sing. And she's the only person I know who's ever taped an orange m&m to her nose in order to keep her students focused. She was amazing. The second song is a Hungarian Lullaby that we sang in choir & I just really like the song. So the selections this week are a little different, but I hope you like them.

Comments