Skip to main content

the scent of warm apples and cinnamon

I feel as though I am not updating frequently enough, this being by my own gauge and not by comparison to say Raj who is happy if he writes a new post before the previous one is a month old. By that gauge I am way ahead of the game. ;) I also feel that I do not comment enough, so if you're sitting there thinking, why doesn't Azina comment on my blog more? all I can tell you is that your words do move me and/or make me think. There are things I wish to say here and there sometimes, but I feel too often that words are inadequate. So much happened this past weekend, and it was tiring but ever so much fun. I could give you a list of what I did, but it would look rather similar to the list that I gave you for what I intended to do this weekend. I could tell you how this weekend made me feel, but happy doesn't quite seem to capture it.

Imagine a brisk night, the rain has recently ended. Moonlight glimmers in the puddles gathered in the street, or at least you pretend it is moonlight for in reality it is the streetlights. You can almost smell the cold on the air as it mingles with the warm scent of someone's fireplace aglow. You hurry inside to the artificial warmth of a quaint coffeehouse where you are greeted by a friend's smile and hug. The two of you sit down over mugs of apple cider, its steam and the words you exchange about life and love and why float off together into eternity. You speak as if you have not seen each other in years, though it has been mere days. Hours later when you part ways, you make your way home where you burrow under your warm covers. You pick up a book. The adorable way the author describes his first love at the tender age of 5 makes you laugh and you make a mental note to tell the friend you just left, the next time you see her. Smiling, you drift off to sleep lulled by the gentle song of the rain reborn. Warmth pervades your life. If you can imagine how that would feel, you can imagine how I feel right now. :)

Comments