Skip to main content

stay the course

So I theoretically updated the songs page, but after I changed the html the site wouldn't work so I can't see it to check and make sure it's actually working properly, so there might be something there I just can't guarantee it. Regardless, the songs are from the choir that I was in growing up. The first song has particular meaning to me. My freshman year of high school my elementary music teacher unexpectedly passed away. My choir director was commissioned by my elementary school to compose this song in her memory. When we first started learning this song in choir I couldn't sing it, I was literally bawling before we even finished running through the song. To this day the song is very emotional for me. Mrs. Hanson was the first person to really encourage me to sing. And she's the only person I know who's ever taped an orange m&m to her nose in order to keep her students focused. She was amazing. The second song is a Hungarian Lullaby that we sang in choir & I just really like the song. So the selections this week are a little different, but I hope you like them.

In other news, Friday is rally day so make sure all your red clothing and/or Red Sox paraphenalia is clean for your wearing. I'm ready for another exciting post season, so losing on Friday is really not an option.

My friend Steve called me tonight. One of the things I love about Steve is that he knows me well enough to call me after seeing a movie and tell me whether or not I would like it. It's nice to have friends who know you that well.

Pray for Galen, he has an interview tomorrow with Worldvision. I think he would be good for it, and that it would be good for him.

Comments

aziner said…
Whoa whoa whoa. Whoa. Such blasphemy is not allowed on the blog here. I don't know why you would go and say a thing like that. Do you like to make baby Jesus cry? I'm just not sure we can be friends now.

I'm kidding, but only about the baby Jesus part. :P

Red Sox all the way baby!